Seconds Away From Meeting All The Others In My Head

Camila's-POV

I never keep physical memories of the people I kill. The memory of actually doing it gets burned into my brain, and certain sounds or places can trigger those memories. (Like a dripping faucet or the house at the end of the street I grew up on.)
So physical memories aren't needed, the video I made was just something I did for fun.

Plus leaving a trail of evidence behind is stupid, so I deleted the video once I finished watching it.

I made Lauren drive me to the store  tonight so I could buy some snacks for our movie night.
And this store might become a trigger one day, a part of me wants to kill the eighteen year old cashier who has a crush on me.

Her name is Lucy, she just graduated high school and got a job working here about two months ago.
I won't lie, I think it's cute how she gets flustered and nervous whenever she sees me.
Which is why a part of me doesn't want to kill her, I like the attention and it's fun to fuck with her.

"This time, try not to embarrass the kid who works here."
"But she looks so cute when I make her blush and stumble over her words." I reply as I unbuckle and get out of the car.
I grab Lauren's hand, fingers interlocking as we walk towards the entrance of the store.

"Should I be jealous?"
I raise our laced hands to my mouth, pressing a kiss against the back of hers.
"I'm forever yours."
She mumbles to herself, her face turning a pretty shade of pink.

I spot Lucy when we walk into the store, she looks over as Lauren grabs a basket for us.
Her reaction is instant and almost comical, going from leaning against the counter looking bored, to standing straight, giving a half wave with a smile and wide eyes.
Lauren notices and quietly laughs.
For now I'll just fantasize about killing her.

We quickly make our way through the store and I take a moment at check out to talk to Lucy while Lauren heads out to the car with our bags.

When I get into the car I lean my seat back and get comfortable while Lauren drives off.

I haven't decided on how I would do it, but it would be so easy to kill her. Closing my eyes I imagine a scenario where I tie her up, torture her, make her scream and beg for her life.
The thought occupies me for the entire ride home.

Lauren's-POV

Looking at her right now you would never guess her to be capable of hurting anyone or anything.
She looks so innocent sitting on the couch wrapped up in a fluffy blanket.

She has such a childlike quality to her, the movie she picked (an animated Scooby-Doo movie.) helps prove that point.
But looks and actions can be so deceiving.

"The popcorn is done."
I walk over to the couch and sit down placing the large bowl of popcorn between us.
She immediately grabs a handful and stuffs it into her mouth.
I watch amused as she try's to speak with her mouth full.
The words are mumbled and slowly I work them out as 'can I press play now'.
"You know,  you're an actual child sometimes."
She gives me the cutest smile and I swear in these moments, it's just so easy to forget about what she's capable of doing—of the things she actually has done.

I grab the remote and hit play.
"Which one are we watching?"
She speaks around a mouthful of sour patch kids this time.
"The one where Shaggy turns into a werewolf."

                                 —

Camila's-POV

Seriously?
As I walk out of the post office,
I see a car purposely swerve towards the sidewalk causing Lucy to fall off her skateboard.

"Hey! Are you okay?"
I quickly make my way over and help her stand up.
"Y-Yeah I'm fine."
She winces when she bends over to get her board and I notice blood running down her leg.
"Can you walk?"
She stumbles when she try's to take a step so I grab onto her to keep her steady.
"Come on, I'll give you a ride."

The short walk to my car is filled with her trying to assure me that she's perfectly fine.
"I-I'm sure it's not even as bad as it looks and feels."
I ignore her protests and open the passenger door.
"Lucy!"
She finally stops rambling and looks at me.
"Get in."

I find a few napkins in the console and hand them to her so she doesn't get blood all over the place.
"So why was a car trying to run over you?"
She grows quite at the question, taking a minute to answer.
"Just someone I went to school with who thinks it's funny to be an asshole."

I don't press her since it seems she doesn't want to talk about it.
"Where do you live?"
I start my car and pull out of the parking lot.

"Oh... on days where I only work morning sifts, I usually go hangout at the skatepark till around five."
I check the time.
12:30pm
"Well you can barely walk let alone do kick flips."
"I'll just sit and wait, I lost my apartment key.. I can't get in till my roommate gets home at five."

Instead of heading to the skatepark I head home, I don't want anyone else trying to hurt her unless it's me.
"You can just hang out at my house until then."

The first couple of minutes into the car ride is spent in silence with Lucy nervously fidgeting.
I look over at her for a second before focusing back on road, she's still pressing the napkins, now soaked in blood against the large scrape on her thigh.
I reach over to place my hand on top of hers in an attempt to comfort and calm her down.

She jumps slightly at the contact but I keep my hand where it's at.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."
"It's fine. I was just lost in thought."
"What are you thinking so hard about?"
The rest of the ride is filled with conversation, getting to know one another better and I learn the name of asshole who hurt her, Brandon Smith.

"Oh wow, you live here..?"
I laugh at the look on her face.
"Mhm, hold on and I'll help you."
I get out and walk around the car to
help her out, holding onto her as I walk us to the front door.

I could take a knife right now and stab her over and over again with it, watch as blood pours out of her. I have almost the perfect opportunity, and It would be so easy to make it look like Brandon was the one that did something to her.

But I don't want her like this, when she's already hurt by someone else and can barely walk. Normally I wouldn't care but she's different, I want her to struggle and fight me, I want her to cry, to scream and beg, to feel the pain I cause.

"Woah... your house is so beautiful."
"Thanks," I walk her into the living room and over to the couch.
"You can sit in here while I go find a first-aid kit for you."

Lauren's-POV

Seems like Camila just got back home.
hearing her footsteps coming up the stairs and back down, distracts me from my work.

Heading downstairs I can hear talking, I assume it's the tv until I walk in the living room and see Lucy.
"This is gonna sting a little."
"A-Ah shit that hurts."
"Sorry..."
"Umm.. hey, what's going on?"