You Take Away My Pain

Camila's-POV

"There's something about you that I crave." I say as I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist watching as she works on a new painting. "Camz. Your dirty talk needs work." She replied with a giggle. "I'm not trying to get into your pants, I'm trying to tell you how much I love you."

I grab the paintbrush from her hand and turn her around. "I love you." I tell her, looking into emerald eyes. "I love you too. And I crave something about you as well." She smirks before continuing. "Namely what's between your legs." I roll my eyes and hand her paintbrush back. "Let me know when your done working."

Laying in bed I stare at the ceiling waiting for Lauren to come to bed. My mind starts to race with dark thoughts, closing my eyes I try to block out the images that want to consume me. "Camila." I smile when I hear Lauren say my name, the only thing that can truly save me from myself is her. The bed dips as she lays down beside me. "You okay?" She asks, I nod rolling over on my side to face her. "I am now."

Lauren's-POV

There is a twisted darkness that lives inside her. Something that no one else has ever stayed long enough to experience fully except me. But no matter how dark it can get at times she's still the sweetest most loving person I've ever met. We've been together for almost two years now and I can't picture a life without her in it.

Flashback-6 months in

Finally getting home after taking a small trip to see my parents I pull into the long driveway, we live in a two-story brick house surrounded by trees, no neighbors for miles just nature and a peaceful calming atmosphere. Grabbing my bag I head to the front door excited to see Camila, my smile dropping with my bag though when I notice blood on the doorknob.

My heartbeat racing I try not to panic as I open the door and slowly make my way through the house. I finally wonder into the bedroom I share with Camila, still no sign of her I start to get scared until I notice the bathroom light was on. Making my way to the door I slowly push it open not knowing what to expect but hoping for nothing bad but what I saw terrified and shocked me.

"What have you done?" Standing in front of the mirror covered in blood is Camila. She turns to answer me. "it's not mine." Was her reply. "That's not exactly reassuring, Camz." I've noticed something off about her at times since we started dating but I never thought to much about it to ask questions. "I was going for a walk." After she says that I take the time to really look at her, bloody hands and blood splattered face, blood soaked shirt and a bloody knife.

"You were going for a walk with a knife." She nods before speaking. "I didn't hurt anyone Lolo." I walk over to her gently taking her face into my hands. "You hurt something or else you wouldn't be covered in blood." I say softly hoping that me seeming calm will help her snap out of whatever headspace she's clearly in.

She looks scared and hesitant when she finally tells me what happened. "I-ii was taking a walk and there was a dog. it started to follow me." She looks into my eyes when she speaks her next words. "Sometimes I just really want to hurt something." A chill ran through me and as I looked at her I could see tears in her eyes. "I would never hurt you though. Please don't leave me, I love you Lauren." The tears started to fall.

Even with what just happened, this side of her she just reviled I still loved her and I would do anything to protect and help her. "I love you too Camz.
Let's get you cleaned up." I also think I might be in shock.

End flashback