Chapter 20: Thanksgiving Day - Part One: Laura (continued)

Start from the beginning

Laura: Alright! Now it's a party!! Ok, Michael, your turn.

Michael: Umhm-- Never have I ever been to a prom?

Laura: Awww, prom...

Nicole: Yeah, we never went to prom either... All the boys in our class hated us--

Laura: Yeah, and I had just come out as gay-ish so everyone thought I was a freak--

Nicole: But we thought about going together--

Laura: But we can't dance for shit--

Nicole: It's so embarrassing...

Laura: We just stayed here--

Nicole: And pretty much did this! Drinking wine coolers, eating Chinese food, and watching 'Carrie' --

Laura: Yes! That movie was insane! And 'Saturday Night Fever!'

Michael: Oh, I love John! He's such a nice guy.

The room was silent for a moment.

Laura: John Travolta?

Michael: Yes. He's very kind.

Laura: My God-- If those high school assholes could see us now!

The girls laughed wickedly, spiting their former classmates.

Laura: Okay! My turn? Never have I ever smoked Mary Jane...

Nicole: Dammit, Laura!

Michael: You never told me that!

Nicole: It was one time! I was at a birthday party that Laura WASN'T INVITED to-- I took two puffs and I felt nothing. I never should've told you!--

Michael: Oh, that's all?... Well I only smoked a couple of times--

Laura: WHAT!? Michael Jackson smokes pot!?

Michael: No, no-- I have before but I don't anymore, honest! When we would go to Studio 54 every weekend, weed just wasn't a big deal.

Nicole: How did it make you feel?

Michael: Relaxed-- Like I didn't care. Like a freedom... And hungry. I remember being hungry.

Laura: I heard it makes people horny--

With a loud shriek, Nicole quickly tried to stifle her laughter with her hands. She instantly recalled Michael's secret confession of events from that night club and the same way she laughed in the pool that evening. Michael darted his eyes at Nicole through a contained smile, then pushed her, only making her laugh louder.

Laura: Why is that so funny? What are you two doing out there in California!?

As Michael remembered their friend Trevor, he wondered if that's what people think all Californians are like. He reached for the bottle to fill their glasses and took his shot right away, immediately chasing it with the orange juice again. Still giggling, Nicole tried reaching for hers, afraid to look up for fear of her hysterical laughing bubbling up once more.