Chapter 37: Missing Baby Bump

Start from the beginning

LATER AT HOME

Jimin: "Lovely!!!!" He calls out from another part of the house.

Y/N: "Yeah?" I yell.

He excitedly comes running to me with his laptop.

Jimin: "I found a website that we can use to find a name for the baby bump!" He says with a huge grin.

Y/N: "Reallllly, Min-ah??? Why are you so 'extra' about this baby bump name? It's not even going to be the real name." I huff and roll my eyes.

Jimin: "Ohhh, I don't know.... I just want to do it ok! It's tradition to name the fetus.... Now come with me because it will be fun!" He smiles, all his teeth visible, which makes his eyes disappear into his brain somewhere. It's really cute.

Y/N: "Humph." I huff with my arm crossed in front of my chest. But of course, I follow him to the couch... stomping in protest all the way. Now we are looking at 'names' online.

Jimin: "Look at these. How do you like "button"? That's cute right?" He asks.

Y/N: "Nooo Min-ah. Since we are doing this, I want something unique. Button is boring... Do you remember that Kdrama I made you watch the other week? Their baby was named "Dog Poopie". Let's do that!" I clap and kick my legs like a child. I do this move because I know he finds it cute.

Jimin: "L to the nawl! I am not calling my button that... No dog poopie." He says firmly. Sooo, my 'cute' childlike clapping didn't work on him like I thought it would.

Y/N: "Ok Min-ah, but you gotta stop trying to sound cool... ok? "L to the nawl"... It doesn't sound cool at all." I have to squash that before he starts saying it all the time.

Jimin: "Oh, I meant to tell you that I like you calling me "Min-ah" My mom used to call me that, short for Jimin-ah." He rubs his fingers in circles on my belly.

Y/N: "Aww. I didn't know that. Here are some more names..." That made me feel warm inside. I lean closer to him, so we are all snuggled now.

Y/N: "How about Squishy?" I start smushing his cheeks together. I can do that now because he has put on probably 30 pounds since we got married.

Jimin: "No... but Jellybean is cute." He says as he pokes my nose.

Y/N: "No. Too Cute... Bug?" He sat their silent for a few seconds. I could see the wheels turning in his brain. Maybe he would agree to Bug?

Jimin: "No way... I like Bear though?" He continues rubbing my belly.

Y/N: "I'm not feeling that... How about Butterbutt?" I giggle.

Jimin: "NOOO... YOURS is the ONLY butt buttered in this house!!! Angel is a perfect name." His eyes sparkled and he squeezed me extra tight when he said Angel, so I know he really liked that one.

Y/N: "Ooooh Sugar Booger?" He stayed silent, but shook his head no.

Jimin: "Nah... How about "Fun size" like his momma?" His hand moves to another area of my body.

Y/N: "Umm... honey... Your hand is not on my belly anymore. You are massaging my-." I was cut off by Jimin.

Jimin: "I know. I think I want to take a bite out of my Fun Size candy bar..."

--------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY -DOCTOR OFFICE Y/N POV

Today is FIRST my baby appointment. We are in the examination room getting the ultrasound done. Jimin is fidgety and I am stiff as a board.

Miss Yang: "This part isn't going to hurt, but the gel might feel cool on your stomach."

Y/N: "Ok." I took a deep breath right before she started roaming the outside of my belly with the probe.

Miss Yang: "It's ok to breathe Hun." She chuckles.

Y/N: "Yeah, I am a little nervous." I say.

Miss Yang: "No, I am actually talking to your husband over there. He's not breathing either!" She cracks up. Her laugh makes me feel more relaxed.

Jimin: "Oh... I didn't even realize it." He says while his knee shakes up and down due to nervousness.

Miss Yang: "Here we go. Let's look at the screen and see what this baby looks like!" When she turns to look at the screen, her eyes widen and her mouth parts.

Jimin: "What's wrong!" He stands from his chair concerned.

Miss Yang: "Uh, Mrs. Park. Is this your first appointment?" She asks in disbelief.

Y/N: "Yes, I just found out I was pregnant a week ago." I nod confirming my words.

Miss Yang: "You are really just finding out?" She says with furrowed brows because she is skeptical of the truthfulness of my words.

Y/N: "Yes!" I say annoyed.

Miss Yang: "Honey, you didn't just get pregnant. You are already 20 weeks along!"

------------------------------

This is what a 20-week ultrasound would look like.

SOOOOOOO.... HOW DO YALL LIKE DYNAMITE?