Chapter 35: A Love Lost Forever

HOSPITAL CHAPEL TAE POV

Dr Chu requested that I marry a couple tonight. I initially declined, but the doctor begged me. The doctor said he owed it to the man to help because he caused the man to be wrongly arrested. And once I heard the couple's story I said yes. He also told me about all of the things that the woman had suffered recently at the hands of her own family. Then she was hurt before her wedding today and they had to cancel. Their story had me all in my feelings. Now that I am a 'Man of the Lord' I felt compelled to help them. I saw groom rolling his bride in on a wheelchair and thought 'aw what a cute couple'.  When they got to the front of the chapel and I realized Y/N was the bride I couldn't breathe. I watched their cooing and PDA. I saw how he sat her on his lap. I saw the love in how he handled her as if she were the most precious thing he ever had the pleasure to hold. I heard his words... and her words. 

She was in love.... but not with me. 

I completely messed up.  That day Y/N showed up at my photo shoot... I was a huge jerk to her.

***Flashback***

The photo shoot was going well. My makeup was being touched up when I heard my name being called.  When I saw Y/N smiling and waving at me, I got scared. I know she saw the displeasure on my face. I didn't want her to be here. I didn't want any of the Gucci people to see her. I was afraid of what people would say about a Gucci model with the chubby girlfriend... 

was 

embarrassed.

Someone rushed into the room and accidentally knocked her onto the floor. I hope she didn't get hurt. I was about to get up and run to her and help her off of the floor. I stopped myself. I felt bad that she fallen but I couldn't help her up. What would people say? I tried to pretend I didn't see her. I couldn't look at her. I wanted her to just go home or something, but no... Once she stood up, she came straight to me with food from that place I like. Why did she have to be so sweet?

Y/N: "I brought you some lunch." She smiles and hands me the bag of food.

Taehyung: "Oh... umm... OK." When I took the bag, I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. I winked at her while trying to make sure no one could see. My hope was that this bit of affection would placate her and she would leave.... But the stylist noticed. I quickly released her hand.

Stylist: "Taehyung, is this your assistant? I need an assistant that brings me lunch too. It's hard to get good help these days.... and blah blah blah." She blabbers on as she applies my eye makeup.

Taehyung: "No, she isn't my assistant." I saw Y/N smile hopefully. She expected me to say she was my girlfriend.... But I didn't.

Stylist: "Oh, she is one of your fans!" She says excitedly.

Taehyung: "Aw... um... yeah..." As soon as those words left my mouth, I wished I could take them back.  I can see Y/N's facial expression change...  from hope... to hurt... then to anger.  While she turned around to walk away, she stopped walking. I watched her shoulders drop as she heard the rest of the conversation.

Stylist: "She is a cute little fan too. I bet you would go out with her if she were more of the type you need on your arm... you know... a little taller and slimmer."

Taehyung: "Yeah, I would. If only...  I bet she would be a great girl..." I say sadly. Right then. I knew I made the worst mistake of my life.