Chapter 23

I woke up with a huge headache (what else is new) and a dry mouth. I was sore all over and could barely move. I groaned as I sat up slowly and I saw Luke sitting in a chair next to my bed. He smiled at me as I sat up.

"Hi," Luke said, smiling.

"Hi." I said, smiling back. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked, leaning forward and resting his forearms on his knees and rubbing his hands together. He was wearing a black, zip up hoodie, and jeans. 

"Like shit," I smile again, but it comes out as a grimace. I move a bit more and it hurts. I gasp, sucking air. Luke sits up, worry clear on his face. "I'm fine, Luke," I insist.

He nods, still looking at me like I might pass out. And that actually does not seem too far off.

"I know it hurts. We're supposed to go see Father but I don't think that's a good--"

"No, Luke, we have to," I interrupted, holding my hand up.

Luke looked like he wanted to protest but I shot him a look that said I-freaking-dare-you. He nodded and gently pushed the covers back from my bed. I was now wearing soft black pants and a black cotton t-shirt. I swung my legs over the bed.

"Can you walk?" He asked me. I nodded and he gently helped me get up and we slowly walked to God's office.

"Good morning, Charlotte," God said, standing up to kiss my cheek as we entered his office. 

"Is it morning? Is there even time here?" I question. Luke chuckled as he helped me sit down on the couch. He sat next to me, pretty far away. I gave him an odd look. I really thought that our whole near death experience had helped our relationship. Instead, Luke is acting like he did what he had to do. Maybe he did. Maybe it was just business. I rub my forearm, looking at the floor, overcome with sadness.

"It's whatever time you like." God said, snapping me out of my thoughts, a twinkle in his eyes. "Now, we must discuss what happened. Could you please tell us everything?"

***

After Charlie finished her story, I was more angry at Macayah than ever. I wanted to punch something. I wanted to punch everything. He would pay, I swore to myself silently, he would pay for her suffering. Just like I would.

"He's still out there, Charlie. We couldn't find him after you managed to get rid of him," God informed Charlie. She nodded her jaw clenching and I grimaced from the fear that I knew she felt. "Charlie, you're the only one that can stop him."

"Me?" She asked, amazed. "Why can't you do anything?"

"With the power you possess, you can strip me of my power. Macayah now posseses the same power, though it is not as strong he'd like." God explained to her, looking weary himself.

"I can't do it. I don't know how to control my powers," Charlie said, looking back at me. I swear, even just her looking at me hurts my heart. I couldn't protect her. I look away. 

"You can do it, Charlie. We just need the correct teacher," God assured her, glancing at the door.

"A teacher?" I cut in.

"Yes, and here he is now," Charlie and I turned to see Michael, enormous and douchey looking as ever, standing at the door.

Charlie laughed as I stiffened. He helped me, but I still didn't particularly trust him.

"Hey brother, brother's lady friend," Michael said, an enormous grin on his face. Oh yeah, that helped the situation. I saw Charlie glance at me out of the corner of my eye.  

This was going to suck.

****

Guys. You are all so great. I cannot believe the enormous love Lucifer has gotten. It's so great.

Here's an update for you, some of you I know have been waiting for a while.

Please vote, share, and comment! I love your comments!

Let me know what you guys think. Love you all so much!

xoxo reillygrealis