Chapter 28

"Oh, fuck," I heard Michael curse next to me. And that basically summed it up.

I quickly dragged Charlie behind a few lines of angels as they ran towards the enemy. I couldn't even see them but I could hear the cries of battle.

"Charlie!" I screamed, lightly slapping her face. She was completely knocked out.

"Lucifer! We need you!" I heard Michael roar, grunting from thrusting his sword into someone--or something.

I looked up at two angels, waiting for their turn on the front line. "Change of plan, boys. Protect her with your life or we are all f--"

"Luke!" I heard Uriel scream. I passed Charlie gently over to them.

"If she wakes up, you have to protect her," I commanded them, walking backwards, never taking my eyes off of her. I said a silent prayer to God and ran into battle.

***

I woke to screaming. That seems to happen way too often.

I sat up to see two angels standing over me. "Where's Lucifer?" I asked, trying to glance around. My head screamed as I tried to sit up.

"He's in battle," One of them answered, looking to the other.

"I need to get out there!" I insisted, trying to stand up. They helped me but kept a solid grip on me. "Where's Amora? My sword?" I asked, looking around. They both shrugged. I tried to pull away but they held on tight. "Let go! I have to help!"

"We can't let you! We have to protect you!" One of them said, tightening his grip. I silently cursed Luke.

"Let me see Michael! Please, this is important!" I argued.

At that moment, I heard a screech that chilled me to the bone. All three of us turned around to find the ugliest creature ever created. It looked like a pterodactyl, it's enormous jaw showing dagger sharp teeth. It stood on two feet with a human-like face and it was smiling. Smiling at us, it's prey.

"Run!" I screamed, turning and dashing away. I heard the angels following suit as well as the disgusting creature. I ran around a corner and pulled the two angels in. We braced against the wall as the horrible monster ran by.

"We have to find my sword," I panted at them. They nodded and we headed towards the battle.

***

I sliced off one of the demons heads, and it registered that these creatures must have once been angels. They had once been brothers of mine. I spun and stabbed between the shoulders of another creature as it lunged towards Michael. He laughed and sliced off its head. Nice, Mike.

"Where's Charlie?" He yelled to me over the roar of battle, wiping black blood from his eyes.

"She fainted when we got here. Oh, and duck." He did, as I sliced the wing off of a demon, helping another angel to finish it off. "We have to hold them off until she wakes up." Michael nodded and ran off.

I shrugged my shoulders to loosen up and ran toward another foe.

***

"Shit, where is it?" I cursed, frustrated. We looked all around the initial landing site, hoping it would still be there. "Lucifer must have it. Look, the battle needs you two. Please go help," I insisted.

They looked at me, then each other, and thankfully nodded and ran off. I sighed, looked around once more and ran toward the final battlefield. There were angels everywhere, fighting the hideous demons.

I saw Michael and watched as he bravely fought. I scanned for Lucifer, not paying attention until I heard a horrible shriek from behind me.

Everything happened in a millisecond:
The demon lunged for me as I threw up my arms.
I heard someone scream my name.
The creature's jaw sank into a chest.

But it wasn't mine. It was Luke's.

***

MWAH HA HA! Guess who's back bitches??

Jk ily all so much, seriously.

Thanks for continuously reading my story. You're all wonderful.

reillygrealis