Chapter 29

The only sound I heard was the beating of my own heart and everything turned into slow motion, like all the movies. I watched as Luke fell to the ground and Michael plunged his sword into the creature that did this. I couldn't reach him fast enough. My throat was raw from screaming Luke's name. I threw myself on the ground next to him, pulling him into my lap.

He looked up at the sky, eyes attempting to focus. I held his face, my tears soaking his shirt as I pressed down on the wound. Black blood was seeping from the enormous gash through his chest.

"Lucifer, baby, you're gonna be fine. Stay with me, love, stay with me," I pleaded with him as he stared up at my face. He was gasping for breath, trying to say something. "No, Luke, stop. Don't talk."

"Charl--ie." He gasped out, blood leaking from his mouth. I cupped his cheek, tears blurring my vision. "You chang--changed me. Th-ank you," He finished, smiling and showing his bloodstained teeth.

"Lucifer, no. You fucking stay with me," I cried, grasping him. "You will not do this to me."

Lucifer smiled again, his eyes looking past me. "I love you," He whispered through another rush of blood.

"Lucifer! Lucifer!" I screamed, shaking him. He just stared up at the black abyss. "No, NO!" I cried, resting my head on his chest. I cried out, my sobs wracking my body.

"Charlie," I heard Michael say behind me, his hand gently touching my shoulder.

I pulled away from his hand, gently set Lucifer's body down and stood up. A deep numbness set over me, clearing my head. I saw Amora next to Lucifer and I picked her up. I spun around and walked to the center of the battlefield, oblivious to the fighting around me.

"Macayah!" I screamed, "Where are you, you motherfucker?!"

"Right here, dear." I spun around to see the bastard behind me. He was in full battle armor, a smirk stretched across his slimy face. "Shame, you two were a lovely couple," He taunted, as he circled me. I walked in a circle too, careful that he didn't come too close.

"Fuck. You." I spit out through clenched teeth.

"You don't actually think you can win, little girl?" He sneered.

"Don't underestimate me, Macayah. I have an advantage," I hissed back at him.

"And what's that?" He chuckled, taking a few steps towards me.

"I have nothing to lose."

I roared as I plunged Amora into the ground between us. The ground cracked open, golden light streaming through the fissures. I looked up at Macayah, pure terror flashing across his face as he fell through, screaming into the golden light.

I closed my eyes and smiled to the sky, tears streaming from my eyes. "I'm coming, Luke," I whispered, and I was swept into the golden abyss.

***

Hi guys!
Two chapters in two days? That's so responsible of me. Seriously, from this point, this story could go anywhere. >:D leave a comment on how you think it's gonna turn out/how you want it to turn out!

Guys, I HAVE STARTED A YOUTUBE CHANNEL ABOUT BOOKS!!!

*jumps around with excitement*

You can't understand how excited I am. And seriously, it would mean the absolute WORLD to me if you guys watched. I'll put the video up top and actually, it might persuade me to update quickly ;)

Thank you all so much. It's such a huge thing to me that people actually read what I write.

PLEASE leave more comments. I love reading them.

I hope you all have a great week!

reillygrealis