Chapter 5

"Cancer?!" I blurted.

God just calmly looked at me. Yeah, God. Right now he was in his George Clooney form. His other form was crazy powerful and overwhelming, so he chose a perfect human being to replicate so angels and Souls can talk to him. And, fun fact, George Clooney was accidentally sent down.  Explains a lot, huh? Anyway, back to anger. 

"All do respect, sir, but how the hell could you do this to her?!" I growled. She had cancer. She was going to die.

"She will be fine," he answered, his thunderous voice echoing in the enormous room.

I shook my head and paced in circles. We were at the Hall. It was where God decided who went to Heaven. Just imagine a giant golden hallway-dome thing with a large light/figure/being and/or George Clooney sitting behind a desk like thing

"She's gonna go to heaven. And I'm never gonna see her..." I said softly.

God just looked at me. Why didn't he say anything?

"She will go to heaven..right?" I asked.

"You know I can't answer that, Lucifer. But if you love her, you're welcome to take her with you." he calmly stated.

"To the underworld? She'd hate it..." I said frustrated. I was not going to give in to the whole Persephone/Hades thing. 

"How do you know she is even in love with you, Lucifer? I understand you have fallen in love but you must think about the girl's--"

"Who said I was in love with her?" I snapped. God simply gave me a look that said "stop kidding yourself". I wasn't in love with her. Fascinated? Yes. Love? No...not yet... It had been 3 days since I'd seen her. And I kind've missed her. I sighed and looked up at God.

"Sir, please give me guidance." I whispered. He simply nodded. I snapped my fingers and I was in Charlie's hospital room.

She was asleep, her chest moving softly up and down. She looked beautiful as she slept. It hurt my heart. I sat next to her and held her hand. She couldn't feel me because I was invisible but it felt good to touch her.

What was this human girl making me feel?

And where the hell was this going...