Chapter 27

"Do you remember what we're gonna do?" Luke asked, for at least the eighth time.

"Yes, Luke! Damn." I snapped, rolling my eyes. We'd been over the plan again and again. I could recite his exact words in my sleep.

Luke shot me a look, "Charlie, this is serious."

"Really? I thought it was a damn comedy club," I fired back.

I heard Michael snicker and the sound of Lucifer punching him. "Ow! She's right, you're being a pansy!"

"Oh right, because God forbid I actually want to make sure my girlfriend comes out of this alive. But somehow I'm always the bad guy," Luke whined, crossing his arms across his chest.

"You are the devil." I pointed out. I have to admit, my stomach fluttered when he said girlfriend. Ugh, so cheesy.

"Completely irrelevant!" Luke replied. He acted mad but I saw the corner of his mouth twist up and he winked at me.

"It's gonna be fine. I'm badass, remember?" I said kissing his cheek. He looked at me and attempted to smile, though it looked like a grimace. A lot of grimacing going on recently.

"Okay, your armor is ready," God interrupted, walking into the room. "Go ahead and change. You all leave in 20."

I nodded and walked into the room, grabbed my armor and went into my room to change. God created armor for each of us. We had chest plates, metal to go on our forearms, pants covered in tiny, steel pieces to protect us, and a badass helmet.

"What's with the Roman armor?" I asked Lucifer as he helped me put it on over my black clothes.

"This is probably going to be a battle," He explained, "The Roman time period is actually a good description as to how we fight battles. We use swords and shields and all of that fun stuff."

"Really?" I said, surprised, "but wait, I don't know how to use a sword."

Luke smiled at me. "That's why we had this particular sword made for you." He handed me a long sword and when I grabbed it, I felt a jolt. "Her name is Amora. She'll do the fighting for you."

"Will I face Macayah like this?" I asked, swiping the sword through the air.

"Yes. Amora is trained to help your power," Luke explained, putting on his armor. He looked really good, I mean like really good, like a very attractive Roman soldier. "Are you scared?" He asked gently, as he caressed my cheek.

"I can't afford to be scared," I whispered, looking into his icy blue eyes.

His eyes softened as he kissed me. "I'll be at your side at all times. I promise." I nodded as a tear slid down my cheek. He wiped it away gently. "Chin up, love."

Michael walked into the room, "It's time to go."

***

We strode into God's common room. God had called all of the angels to help us fight. This was going to be one hell of a battle. Gabriel walked up to us and grabbed my forearm in a handshake. He nodded at Charlie and I saw respect flash in his eyes. I smiled back and her and she raised her eyebrow at me.

"We're ready when you are," Gabriel announced.

"Let's go," I commanded. I pulled Charlie close to me, wrapping my arm tightly around her waist. "Hold on to me," I said, kissing her hair.

I unfurled my wings--Oh, yeah, I have wings. I only use them in battle. Technically I'm also an angel. Anyway, back to the story.

I unfurled my large, black wings and watched as hundreds of angels did the same. I was the only angel with black wings thanks to the perks of being the ruler of the Underworld. Michael walked over to the balcony and leaped over, followed by Gabriel and then Charlie and I. The angels soared through the clouds, one giant heartbeat.

We knew where we were going, to a place where not many angels have come back from. It was the darkest part of the universe. Macayah had fled there after we destroyed his home.

After flying a few hours, we landed silently on a cliff that literally lead to the end of the world. I gently put Charlie down but I held her close to me. She looked up at me, her helmet slightly covering her eyes and I realized then that I have never loved her more.

"He's here. I can feel it," She whispered to me. I nodded. I felt it, too.

Michael jerked his head, signaling us to move forward. We did, silently. We knew Macayah had created an army, though we didn't know how big. We planned for it.

Charlie stopped. She clutched her stomach. "What's wrong?" I said, grabbing her arms.

"It hurts..." She looked up at me and I watched as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

And they attacked.

***

Longer one, plus a cliffhanger. >:) sorry guys!

Comment and vote!

I seriously cannot thank you guys enough for all of your support. 88k and I'm just amazed.

I may start a couple new stories, maybe a spinoff with Michael? Not sure yet.

Thanks again guys. Not kidding, you're the best.

I'll update soon! Promise!

reillygrealis