Chapter 51- Can't Avoid All the Consequences Part 2

Mr. Hannish's Classroom,

Lincoln Senior High

Finn was staring again, Jamie noticed as she entered and sank into her seat. He must have picked up on her different hair style or Korbin's rumpled hair. As soon as she had entered, he had started looking between Korbin and herself.

From the wide smirk on his face, he knew something was up. It would be a good idea to give him a job, or he might blow the whole thing. With that thought, she started writing a note.

All it said was, "Remind Mr. Hannish that Aaron has not come back."

She had barely finished it when the intercom buzzed and demanded Korbin, Moe, Sondra, and herself report to the office immediately. Finn watched with interest until Jamie "tripped" and placed her hand on his desk to steady herself. When her hand left his desk the note stayed behind. Finn immediately palmed it. As they signed out, Finn was raising his hand.

When they arrived in the office, Ms. Johnson was telling Mr. Hannish that Aaron would probably not be back to class today, and asking when students had checked in and out. After she hung up the phone, she noticed Jamie and Korbin, and turned bright red before looking away. Mrs. Johnson motioned for Jamie and Korbin to sit while she took Sondra and Moe directly to Ms. Dean.

Mrs. Johnson's reaction had Jamie squirming in her seat. After all of the rumors at Roosevelt, she hadn't thought that she would care about people's opinions anymore, but she did. She couldn't make eye contact and found herself blushing while staring at the floor.

Korbin surprised her by reaching over and taking her hand. A quick glance showed that Korbin was blushing too. He gave an understanding smile and rolled his eyes at Mrs. Johnson. Suddenly the pressure in her chest eased. He understood. They were in this together.

Korbin kept Jamie's hand, and was glad to see her looking calmer. It made him feel better too. He had been to see Ms. Dean enough that he shouldn't be nervous, but today was different.

The last time he had been here, Ms. Dean had made it clear that if he was sent here again this year she would make sure she wouldn't have to worry about him fighting in her school anymore. Then, there was Mrs. Johnson. Usually, she was ready with a little lecture of her own, but today she wouldn't even look at him. It was somehow worse than a lecture.

Korbin glanced in the window to Ms. Dean's office and frowned. Things didn't seem to be going smoothly. Moe was looking at Sondra like she had two heads, and seemed to be disagreeing with her. Sondra cut him off with a quick kick, and he looked out at Korbin with a worried expression. Korbin wondered what was going on.

He didn't have to wonder long. Within minutes Ms. Dean sent Moe and Sondra out and invited them in. While they were moving, Ms. Johnson handed Ms. Dean a paper and said, "Mr. Hannish reported that Aaron never returned from the bathroom. He gave me the times people checked out, and I confirmed most of them on the video feed while we waited."

Ms. Dean looked up from the paper to give Ms. Johnson an approving grin and say, "Nice work. We know what happened then. Thanks for your help."

Once Ms. Dean had everyone settled, she said, "I know what happened in the hall thanks to the cameras, but why do you think you are here?"

They glanced at each other, and neither had to fake the blushes that formed. Jamie spoke up, "We are here because I kissed Korbin after leaving the library. Sondra and Moe tried to get us to go back to class, but I didn't realize that anyone else saw us too." Jamie looked down before promising, "It won't happen again."

Ms. Dean leaned back in her chair as she stated, "Kissing isn't allowed at school. I give harsh consequences to ensure that the rules are followed. Kids have a session with the counselor, their parents are notified, and I usually suspend at least one of them."