Chapter 61- One Week Later

Friday February 10 8:30pm

Seymour Dojo and Fitness Center

Jamie looked around the dojo and couldn't help smiling proudly.  Even though her uncles were still away, all of her friends were there.  Between her first full week of work, extra personal lessons for a few friends, the many Skype calls and text messages each day from her uncles, the time until their return was just flying by.  

As Jamie scanned the room, she spotted Sondra at the counter and frowned sternly as she went over.  "What are you doing over here?  You were off the clock 15 minutes ago.  Go have fun."

Sondra blinked as she looked up from the computer.  "I just want to finish entering this last customer into the system.  Sean asked me to look at his new program earlier, and I got a little behind."  When Jamie opened her mouth, Sondra smiled and teased, "Don't worry, I make sure I write down my time." 

A mischievous smile appeared on Jamie's face before she replied, "Maybe so, but Moe has been missing you."

"Really?" Sondra asked as her head whipped around to quickly scan the dojo.  Her hopeful tone made Jamie smile in delight. She knew she was right even if most others seemed stuck on seeing Moe and Sondra as friends.

"He asked when you would be done, but he is still working out," Jamie admitted.  "I think he was planning on walking you home again.  Something going on there, or is it more dangerous in this neighborhood than I thought?"

Sondra blushed and protested, "No.  He is just being over protective again.  All the streets are well lit when I leave, and it is a good neighborhood.  It's not like I'm helpless either."

Jamie nodded and admitted, "You have really picked up the tricks that I have shown you.  You should be able to handle most problems now."  She straightened up and asked, suspiciously, "Has anything else happened with Nancy or Susie?"

"No.  Maybe they are done starting problems," Sondra suggested hopefully.  Even as Jamie was shaking her head, Sondra was changing the subject, "Speaking of problems.  Is something wrong between you and Korbin?  He isn't here tonight."

"Nothing is wrong there.  He'll be by later.  He just had to have another talk with his father about ethics.  I would find it funny, but Sgt. Kastigo will be by later for his talk with me."  At Sondra's surprised laugh, Jamie shrugged and admitted, "It is part of our grounding.  My uncles think it is a great idea, but I am pretty sure that they thought the talks would focus more on my relationship with Korbin.  Sgt. Kastigo has no problem with our relationship, his main concern was how we manipulated the system." 

At Sonda's nervous look, Jamie hurriedly said, "Don't worry.  He doesn't know you helped.  My uncles might suspect, but that won't bother them.  They are more likely to be impressed than angry."

"From how anxious they looked when they left, I'm surprised that they haven't rushed back yet," Sondra admitted.

"I insisted they not rush things with such an important customer, and as soon as Colton is done he is going to have a nice visit with his family in New Orleans."

Yeah, but how will you keep them there?" asked Sondra.

Jamie grinned smugly as she answered, "They can't come back until their other commitments are done.  That was the deal they had to accept when they ran out of money during the poker tournament and they needed loans to continue. Besides, they trust the Kastigos to keep an eye on me.  I think they even trust me to let them know if anything big happens."

"So, you are done hiding stuff from them?" Sondra asked doubtfully.

Jamie nodded firmly. 

Sondra then asked pointedly, "Everything?"