Chapter 33: HELLo

The weeks blend together like paint. Up until now, I'm surprised the days haven't killed me. I never thought the person who has built me up, could be the same person to tear me down. At the restaurant, I await for Veronica's arrival. Sipping on my water, I click the home button on my phone.

Nothing. Not a text, call, just silence. She was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago. Adjusting my tie, it feels like it's been tightened. Though no one, including myself has touched it. Sliding the sleeves of my shirt down, it's frigid in here. When no one cares, who else but yourself should?

Veronica hasn't sent me any picture of Flower, like she used to. I haven't seen my little girl in weeks. My cock doesn't even wake up, libido is down beyond a notch. Gaunt as my skin sticks to the bone. The progress I've made at the gym was all for nothing. Might as well have not even gone.

I'm sure the employees are wondering where I am. That used to be my second home. I suppose I should start going back, to help with the depression. I haven't felt like getting out of bed, let alone going to lift weights and sweat my ass off. Gawking, the clock above the bar reads 5:20. Five more minutes has passed.

I grow jealous as couples hold hands across the tables. Swollen love eyes, bore into one another. I feel like a creep eating alone watching the crowded adjacent tables.

Me: Hey, you still coming?

Keys smack against the wood as I tap them continuously. My knuckles quietly bleed when I clench them shut. Everything in that house is destroyed, because of me. If she's going to try and take all I have, then she's not going to get as much as she believes.

"Are you ready to order sir?" 

Itching the irritation, "No." I told them two, does it look like two people are here?

"Okay, just let us know."

I nod my head. Once she walks away, "Fuck this." What bullshit. She stands me up like that. I walk out the restaurant with my phone up to my ear. The call goes straight to voicemail.

"That was fucked up Veronica. If you didn't want to go out, why not just tell me? I'll give you what you want. A divorce. But you'll give me what I want to. To see my fucking daughter!"

I hang up before the bitch can tell me times up. I hope she gets the message.

Veronica

"Yes! Please!"

Thick thighs squeeze the sides of my hips. Large forearms cradle my head as his fingers play through my hair. "You like that baby?"

"Yes!" I scream as soon as he hits my g-spot. Curly chest hair tickles my skin. Wrapping my legs around him, I pull him tighter in. But no matter how close we are, it'll never be close enough. "Derrick..."

A gentle lover yet again. One with such passion I've never felt before. Even the pictures on these walls have never witnessed such a thing. We paint a better picture. Do I deserve this? He grunts as his come spills inside. When he tries to pull out, I protest.

Laughter executes, "Angel.."

I cut him off before he can challenge me further. "Don't go."

I'm an emotional being. I don't know how I fucked that other guy and didn't get attached. I'm definitely attached to this one. "Who said I was going anywhere?"

"Maybe your conscious." Got him.

Precious big lips pucker, about to answer, but my phone rings. Probably someone who I don't want to speak to. "Who's that?"