Chapter 43: Vanish

Veronica

I don't understand why he was so adamant about not helping me shower. It's not like we haven't fucked. Most guys would be delighted to see their girl in the shower. Oh...maybe it's because he said we're divorced. I don't understand that. Did he find someone new? Why would I agree to divorce a man I'm immensely in love with? Just seeing him makes my pulse explode.

Dropping the night gown to my feet, I shudder at the bruises and cuts that tatter on my skin. I turn, continuing to stare at my reflection to see if anything is on my back. Of course there is. Scars on my neck and face. What happened to me? "Andrew!" I call out to him as he stands outside the door. "I'm ready."

The yellow tile forces my skin to glow. Cold seeps into the pores of my feet. Shivers run up and down my spine. Cuddling myself, Andrew finally merges in. I can see how much this makes him uncomfortable. I almost feel as if he's disgusted with me. Is it the scars? I'm not his pretty flower anymore. More like a weed he wants to get rid of.

"I'll get it ready. I'll let you know when the water is warm enough." Shaking my head, I should have just listened to Andrew when he told me no. I can see he doesn't want this, he doesn't want me. "Go ahead."

Stepping forward, he must have noticed my rigid body not wanting to move. One of his hands moves to the middle of my back, warming me with his touch. "Thank you." My hair becomes saturated, growing down my back. "Can you wash my hair please? I don't want the stitches to get tangled up in it. I can wash the rest of my body."

Andrew positions my back towards him. Squirting shampoo into his hands, he works it into my scalp. It feels amazing. I've missed him so much. All I want is for him to join me in here. Using the bar of soap, I glide it over my breasts and stomach. "Let me rinse your hair."

Putting my back towards the faucet, Andrew helps rid of the suds. "You have such strong, but gentle hands." I'm making it more awkward. That was supposed to make him talk to me. He applies the conditioner next, lathering it throughout my hair. "Will you wash my back please?" Sticking out the bar of soap, he takes it. I place my hair over my breasts. His hands rub into my shoulders, then my back. I can't help the moan that escapes. "Andrew.."

He stops touching me. Turning around, the bar of soap isn't in his hands anymore. He placed it on the ledge of the tub. As he's about to turn and leave, I quickly grab him by the shirt, forcing us closer. Water drenches his clothes. I stare into his eyes before closing mine, then placing my lips on his. "Get in with me."

His body is solid, hard under my touch. "I can't."

"Why don't you want me?" I pant onto his neck, kissing the flesh. "Fuck me."

Andrew pushes away from me. "I have to go."

                                         <\3

I've never felt so rejected, useless, and ugly in my life. Why did he even bother coming here if he's just going to give me the cold shoulder? At least I get to go home tomorrow. It's too bad that I'll be all alone again. After the shower incident, I haven't seen Andrew. He must have left the building.

I stare at the letters on my phone, debating if I should text an apology to him, but decide against it. I'm scared of more rejection. Flower's still fast asleep, and I'm restless. Andrew is so confusing. He doesn't want me, but he continues to call me baby. I wish I could cut the word from his brain, so he could forget it, and I'd never have to hear it from his vocal cords again.

The word makes me want to be wrapped in his soothing deep, masculine voice. It makes me miss when he used to hold me. I miss him rocking into my hips, asking if I was okay while he fucked me. The woman he's with now must really be special. I wonder how she'd feel if I told her what he's been doing. Of course I won't do that.

Dead Flower (Sequel to The Flower Girl) (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें