[batfamily x reader] The Beginning

Hey lovelies! Requests still open in the comments. In this you [the reader] is about 8-9 years old. I will always list things that maybe triggers to some readers below this description. I am on mobile so forgive some errors.

Trigger warnings: slight violence, suicidal implications/thoughts [only once, not too detailed]
●●●●●●●●●

   It was a cold dreary night in Gotham, as per usual. And per [Y/N's] lucky stars, it was also raining. The young child kept her small pace, staying in dim yellow-shaded street lights to feel somewhat safer in her possibly dangerous surroundings. She pulled her dingy and damp jacket hood over her damp [H/L] [H/C] hair in an attempt to shelter her hair. She felt oddly followed as she turned the corner, back down her alleyway that she called 'home.'

   Alas, her senses had not lead her astray on the fact of being followed. A man dressed in dingy clothes and brandishing a knife pinned the small girl against a wall, a maniacal smile gracing the mystery man's face. She let out a scream, only to be slapped harshly across her [S/C] cheek. As to why a grown man would attack an 8 year old like this, she would never know. She was scared, and yet not. If Death wanted to grace her early, she welcomed them with open arms. At least she wouldn't be living in the old orphanage or on the streets. But her wish was not granted.

A figure dressed in a black suit, and had the likeness of a bat, swooped down, grabbing the man before he could hurt the girl to much. With a swift chop to the side of the head, the young girls attacker was made unconscious. She fell back, scrambling to the wall behind her, huddling in a ball. She didnt want to be hurt now.

  To say The Batman felt sorry for the girl was an understatement. She must not have anyone at all if she was in this alley at night like this. He offered [Y/N] a hand, which was reluctantly taken. Now the young girl was in awe. The Batman! Up close no less. She had no words to even say to him. Then Batman addressed her.

"I should get you to the GCPD. It's not safe for a child like you to be out here at this time." Batman told her with a serious look of concern. At being called a child, [Y/N] opened her mouth to speak, pouting.

"I am not a child! I'm 9!" The little girl shouted in some plea of self defense to her small ego. But she went with the Bat anyway, all they way safely to the station. He wouldn't just leave her there. Maybe he would send Alfred, or his eldest to pick her up. The family could use a new addition, a baby bat. Possibly a new hero when she was old enough. But he wont ruin her innocence so quick.

Batman guided her to the commissioners office, and a salt and pepper grey haired man kindly greeted her with sympathy. Later learning the man to be called 'Gordon.' They let her sleep in the room, on a couch. [Y/N] agreed happily, grateful to sleep somewhere that wasnt damp  and cold asphalt.

~timeskip~

   The next morning, the girl roused herself, looking around. The events of last night hit her, remembering it all. Saved by the Batman himself. Lucky for her. She heard voices just outside the door, one sounded like a young man and the commissioner. She was curious, but sat on the couch in waiting, swinging her short legs back and forth.

   Only a few minutes later, the voices walked in the office. Commissioner Gordon was followed in by a young man, average height, lithe. He had short and wavy ebony locks and ocean blue eyes. She observed him in awe. Then Gordon cleared his throat to speak.

   "Uh...[Y/N]. Richard there is here to pick you up." As the commissioner spoke, she listened, nodding along and raising an eyebrow as he continued. "You are going to be taken care of by Bruce Wayne, and live with him."

   By the time he finished speaking, she hopped off the couch, happy and confused at the same time. Her luck had made up for the rainy night two-fold so far. Rescued by Batman and adopted by Bruce Wayne. The man, who was called Richard, cleared his throat, approving the young girl gently and slowly. He held his hand out, addressing her. "I'm Richard, or Dick. Your big brother." He grinned a little as the young one took his hand. She waved goodbye to Gordon as they left the station.

   "Big brother huh? I never had siblings before." The young girl said as she was put in the car, or rather limp. Dick nodded with a smile, a proud big brother. They both seemed quite alright to eachother.

   "You sure are [Y/N]." He responded as he got in the car, starting to drive to the manor. How exciting to have a new baby bat. He he just hoped his siblings weren't arguing like usual when they arrived.

●●●●●●●●●
Ah, the end of the chapter. I'll have part 2 to the beginning up in no time at all. That should be a good basis to put the requests into place. I'll occasionally publish my own ideas. We shall age you, the reader, as we go along.

Happy reading!