My Friend [Damian x Dark Fae!reader]

Hey lovelies!

This chapter is dedicated to/requested by Comicobsessed12!

This chapter is also sort of inspired, of af least how im thinking of writing it is inspired by These Are My Friends by lovelytheband. I don't know if the link will work of not.

these are my friends / lovelytheband

https://open.spotify.com/track/3lPj2nA1lIrWIpbnhNG57v?utm_source=samsung&utm_medium=keyboard

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Tw: na

Wc: 1064

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

   [Y/N] was not okay, to say the least. Whenever she tries to rescue civilians, they are always so scared of her. Even the cops shoot at her! Until they realize that she isn't the enemy. This has caused many issues; as well as interviews and press releases of clarification about who and what she is needing to be done.

   Maybe part of that is the way she looks. She doesn't exactly look like her teammates, although that's no excuse. [Y/N] is a Dark Fae. She has beautiful dark ram like horns that protrude from her head, she's taller than average, and her [e/c] eyes are an unnatural hue for their color; they even seem to glow at times, especially when she is experiencing strong emotions and when she is using her magic. That isn't allowed though; she has gigantic, majestic, dark brown feathered wings.

   This particular day, however, the teenager was quite fed up with it all. The others on the team noticed after she had practically stormed off go her room. Her tears were about to burst, but she was much too prideful to let anyone see it as it was. She most definitely would have slammed her bedroom door if they weren't all mechanical, courtesy of Cyborg.

   Damian walked in on the team having a meeting. He overheard them say things along the lines of 'worried, [Y/N],  crying.' The last word made him perk his ears up. [Y/N] was his friend after all. They had been since she came to the tower. Maybe even more than just friends, although those were feelings he didn't know how to deal with. That's why he felt so inclined to check up on the conversation of his fae friend.

   "What about [L/N]? I saw her storm off to her room," he piped in. Dick looked up at his little brother, then turned his head in the general direction of her room and winked, saying no more. Kori brushed her dark pink locks over her shoulder with her hands and looked at the boy as well, with intuitive concern.

   "You should really talk to her Dami, she needs someone right now."

   "Why not you or Roth?"

   "Is that hesitation I hear little D?" Dick piped in, a joking tone to his voice, as if suggesting something, egging his brother on. He was anything if not a wing man.

   "Over my corpse, Grayson!" Damian responded as he walked away. He contemplated flipping him the bird but didn't, that would be a little much. He soon reached [Y/N]'s room. He pursed his lips, sucked in a deep breath, and tapped on her door. He heard some  mumbling. Tap...tap tap. He eventually heard mumbling that didn't sound like 'go away' and more like 'come in.'

   The door hissed, and slid open. He stepped into the room. It had house plants and flowers of many varieties, a desk with a gaming PC, bed, bathroom, walk in closet. The whole room held a calming cottage core anesthetic with hints of green, brown and yellow. The last detail was a balcony. There he saw the winged humanoid he had been friends with for so long. [Y/N].

   He proceeded to the balcony, being quiet as to not spook her. She looked back with a nod of acknowledgement, going back to staring out at the Jump City skyline. Damian swung one leg, than the other, over the railing, sitting besides her. For awhile, there was silence, albeit only slightly awkward.

   "Are you okay, [Y/N]? I'm worried." He asked. There was some concern laced in his voice, etched in his emerald eyes. She looked over at him before sniffling a bit, shaking her head. The others were right, she had cried. This was one of the rare moments that Damian would call one of his teammates by their first name. He may be cold and calculating most of the time, but that doesn't bean that he never cares.

   "Everyone thinks I'm a freak, Dami! I get shot at by the police until you or the others prove I'm safe, and the civilians are terrified of me!" She yells, Damian just listening. She had to get it out somehow. It's not good to pin up your emotions. She learned that from the best after all (**cough** Bruce Wayne **cough**).

   "You aren't a freak. You are my friend. Our friend. The most compassionate person on the team!" [Y/N] opened her mouth to speak, but Damian continued. "They'll get used to you. They'll learn to love you. Just like I have."

   Oh shit. Hmm AHHH! Damian thought. He just admitted what he wasn't ready. That, unbeknownst to Damian, would turn to be a good thing.

   "What?"

   "I...don't know. You make me happy. I feel I can let my guard down around you."

   "So, you like me?"

   "Essentially..."

   That cheered [Y/N] up so much. She was valid. Her best friend liked her back. She was more than content. More than happy. More than elated. An undescribeable feeling.

   "I like you too." She smiled warmly, slightly blushing. Her pale skin made it show so much more. She wrapped her wing around Damian, pulling him close. Damian put his arm around her shoulders.

   "Damian?"

   "Yes?"

   "Thanks."

   Damian smiled at her. Smiling looked good on him. I mean he mostly scowled . Today changed that.

   "I SHIP IT!" Dick yelled as he walked past the room, hearing a bit of their conversation. He quickly picked up his pace after that, knowing his fate. It was worth it. At least in his mind.

   "I WILL MURDER YOU GRAYSON!" He shouted back. [Y/N] giggled. That would come later. Oh well. Grayson lives another day. He was lucky that Damian was busy.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Hey lovelies! Hope yall enjoyed. I'm surprised this chapter turned out as long as if did. Remember, requests are still open! Just check the first page of the story and leave a comment.

Happy reading!