𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚘 (𝙿𝚝.𝟸)

I opened my eyes lazily, expecting to wake up to the view of Irises decorating a glass roof and the warm comforting glow of the blue fairy lights. Instead, I was facing the vast night sky, stars scattered across the darkness messily.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Daisuke's chin.

Wait... his what?

I frantically turned my head, only to come to the conclusion that he was carrying me... in a bridal pose.

I started having troubles catching my breath. My face turned into a dark shade of red and my head started to spin.

I rubbed my eyes with my hand, trying to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. I refused to admit the fact that I was being cradled in the arms of Kambe Daisuke.

I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them and did that again and again, but he was still there.

His lips were slightly parted, and a low hum seem to pass through them.

"Oh shit, you're awake?" Daisuke looked down and stared right at me.

"What do you mean, 'Oh shit'?" I questioned him and struggled to get my limbs free. I managed to free my left arm which was stuck between my body and his chest. I swung my legs around, kicking him ruthlessly.

"Let me go!" I grunted, placing my hands on his chest and shoved him roughly.

I'd rather be on the ground than in your arms.

Daisuke smiled and shot me that cocky look of his yet again. He tilted his arm forwards, letting gravity do all the work.

I rolled downwards and onto the grass, hitting a nearby hedge with a 'thud'.

"Sorry. Payback for kicking me," Daisuke said nonchalantly and brushed the dust off of his clothes.

"You little-" I grumbled while trying to pull myself up with the support of my arms.

I hated the look that he had.

It was like he was looking at an insect, something so small and weak that he could kill at anytime.

But I suppose that's probably what he thinks about me most of the time anyways.

"What are you doing? Help me up. It's the least you can do after throwing me to the ground," I squinted at him.

He put two hands and on my waist and hoisted me up.

"Hey! Stop it! I asked you to pick me up! Not carry me again!" I tried to slap his hands away, but to no avail.

Daisuke held up my arm and bent forward.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

He slid me across his back. Rather than facing the sky, I was now looking at the ground.

"Hey Rich Guy, on second thought, I prefer the bridal carry-" I laughed nervously.

"Hm?"

"Too late."

Daisuke wrapped his hand around my leg and held my hand tightly, and quickly recovered from his squatting position.

"Plus, this carry will make it easier for me to walk. I want to sleep too, y'know?" Daisuke added.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

This is the first time that I'm so close to a man. So why must the man be Kambe Daisuke out of all people?

He started taking slow steps forward.

"Why did you carry me out so late at night?" I asked him, taking the chance to strike up a conversation amidst the awkwardness around us.

"You were unconscious. Easier to handle. Less annoying," Daisuke blurted out. Touché.

"Moreover, this hedge maze has traps. It is a mystery even to me how you managed to get to that place unscathed," he said, seemingly praising me.

"One last thing... uhm... Are you angry at me? For sneaking out of course..." I muttered.

"Nope."

"Not at all?"

"Nope."

"Phew! And there I got all worried for nothing, ha!" I slapped his back with my hand.

He grimaced at my touch, then asked, "Why'd you think I would be mad?"

"You held me at gun point, Rich Guy," I pursed my lips, reminding the both of us of that moment.

"That's because I thought you were an intruder," he laughed obnoxiously, "Next time, if you want to go to that place again, I'll give you the map so you won't get hurt."

Was I hearing this man right?

Was he being... nice? To me?

No way.

Wait... He's probably going to be mean to me next right? The Kambe Daisuke cycle of evilness and niceness cannot be broken.

He's probably gonna diss me next, right?

"It might take a while, do you want to take a rest?" Daisuke asked me, "You may take a nap if you want."

Heck, how am I supposed to fall asleep when I'm in this position?

"Why aren't you sleeping? Do you need me to sing you a lullaby?" Daisuke questioned, before taking a sharp right turn. My head started to spin from the sudden movement.

"Don't treat me like a baby, you jerk," I sneered.

"Haha, you're cute," Daisuke started to laugh again, like he was amused by the whole situation.

Of course he'd be laughing. He wasn't the one whose body was hung around a jerkface's neck.

Cute...? Wait...

Was he nice to me... two times in a row?

Two times in a row?

By now he would've said something which made me want to slam his head into a wall and uppercut him in the-

For everyone's sake, I shall not finish my sentence.

"We made it out," Daisuke announced. I could finally relax as I felt the ground under my feet again.

"I'm going to get some sleep," I said as put my hands behind my back, stretching them backwards.

"The sun's going to rise soon. What more sleep could you probably get?" Daisuke looked at me quizzically.

"It's called a power nap, Rich Guy~!" I grinned cheekily.

"Your unhealthy sleeping habits totally explain those eyebags of yours," he said bluntly, pointing at my right eye.

Flustered, I covered my eyes instinctively. I parted my fingers slightly, just enough so I could catch a glimpse of Daisuke before closing them again.

"Don't look, you jerk!" I screamed at him before running off into the house.

Even he could notice those? I seriously need to put more concealer tomorrow...

Word count: 1033

A/N:
Hihi everybody!

Sorry for the lazy title, I ran out of names T_T

Thank you for your supportttt

I might or might not be able to release a chapter tomorrow but I'll try my best!

Always remember to eat well 💖