"𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎."

I tossed and turned into my bed. That call I had with Hoshino was so... Ugh. I just couldn't fall asleep. I stared at the screen on my phone.

Call with Ryo Hoshino started 6:01p.m. Call ended 6:17p.m.

Our conversation was etched in my mind, reminding me about it whenever I had just forgotten about it. I was burning from humiliation.

You could've handled it better, Sora! Why did you stutter! Stupid! Stupid!

"...waaaaaaa..." I whimpered. I flailed my arms around quickly and punched my pillow a few times.

My eyes started to grow heavy, and I started yawning more as time passed.

Soon enough, my lethargy got the best of me and I dozed off.

"WAKE UP!" someone I assumed was Haru shrieked, while knocking on my door.

Still suffering from sleep deprivation, I rolled around my bed, but eventually rolled off and landed on the floor with a thud.

"Ow! Shit..." I cried, rubbing the part of my arm that came into contact with the floor.

"Wake up! You're 30 minutes late already!" Haru bellowed once again.

His words shook me awake and I jumped back up, surprised.

Shit... I quickly gathered my thoughts and started getting ready.

I looked in my mirror to see my side effects of lack of sleep. My black eye circles were more obvious today, making me look like a panda. I tried to apply more concealer, but it was still pretty obvious.

Screw it. I'll just sleep earlier tonight.

I went outside, to see an inpatient Haru standing at the doorway.

"Finally," he rolled his eyes.

"Let's just go," I sighed, not wanting to argue with him early in the morning.

We headed to the first floor of the building, just in time to get to the early bus. It was going smoothly. No interruptions so far.

I spoke too soon.

A black car stopped in front of us, obstructing our way.

Wait... a black car?

I reread the license plate carefully, and my shoulders slumped downwards when I recognised it.

The window winded down to reveal Daisuke smoking a cigar.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, shocked.

"Oh... Your brother is here too," he scorned.

"Why can't I be here?" Haru asked. Daisuke said nothing and kept quiet.

"I can bring you two to work from now onwards. Sora is my partner now anyways. It's more convenient," Daisuke explained calmly.

"No need to bring me, I can't stand being in the same car as you. I'll only follow you today since we're already late thanks to a certain someone," Haru said as he stared me down.

I jumped at his fierceness.

We both sat in the backseat of the car, and as soon as we put on our seatbelts, Daisuke started the car.

Haru started tapping on the chair, alerting me. It was kind of annoying me.

He started to tap louder and finally got my attention. It was then I understood that he was trying to communicate with me through Morse code.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I watched closely as he tapped on the seat.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"No kissing."

I widened my eyes in fury and furiously tapped back.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Shut up, there's nothing between us."

He chuckled and started to tap again.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Don't fall in love with him, okay?"

"But, if you do, your big brother supports you all the way."

Word count: 577 words

A/N: I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit lackluster I'll write a super long one for you guys tomorrow okay? 🥺💕