𝚈𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚔𝚞

"You're alive!" I leapt towards Haru exhilaration and wrapped my arms around his neck tightly.

"Did you just indirectly wish death on me?! You're real brazen, Little Miss," Haru laughed, hugging me back.

My face was donning a wide grin as his comforting warmth enveloped me.

"I won't die easily. For I am your great, strong brother!" Haru said with pride.

"You sound more like a child. Also, for your tiny brains' sake, I did all the work," Daisuke scoffed, pushing up his sunglasses.

"I opened the door," Haru said firmly, before releasing me from the hug and walked over to Daisuke.

Using his height to intimidate Daisuke, Haru glared daggers at him, apoplectic with anger.

"Had I not opened the door, we would've all died," Daisuke placed his arm on his hip curled his upper lip with disdain.

"Ooo! Oh shit! Critical attack!" I tittered, standing behind Daisuke discreetly.

"My dear prescious, kind, generous and smart little sister, are you on his side as well?" Haru whined, his back slouched in defeat.

"Yes, because she isn't dimwitted like you," Daisuke shot back at Haru.

Haru sulked, muttering curse words I knew were directed to Daisuke.

"My 'great, strong brother', don't be sad anymore! Don't let this rich asshole get to you!" I said sarcastically, linking my arm with his.

"Just so you know, you're not off the hook yet, young lady," Haru prodded my forehead repeatedly, pushing me away from him.

"Also, 'rich asshole' is a pretty fitting nickname for this guy. Good job, my smart sister," Haru shoved two thumbs ups in my face.

"Well then, this 'rich asshole' will now take his leave," Daisuke took off his sunglasses and sauntered towards the door.

"Heh, someone's mad. C'mon, let's go too," Haru grabbed my collar from behind and dragged me towards the door.

I slapped his hand away and snapped, "I can walk by myself, you idiot."

"Everyone's bullying me today," Haru shrugged and left the room, dejected.

I slapped his back and teased, "Hush, you drama queen."

"I hope that by now, each and every one of you have realised the trouble you have caused us," one of the higher-ups said, crossing his arms over his chest.

I exchanged confused glances with Haru, only for him to completely ignore me and stare at the ground, his eyes full of guilt.

"What's going on?" I asked Saeki who was standing in front of me.

"Ah, well... That person you two went to chase... jumped..." Saeki mumbled.

Jumped? I let out a gasp as I soon realised what she had meant.

"So did they die?" I gulped, my eyes quivering with trepidation.

"Yeah, precisely why Haru's in hot water now," Saeki shook her head and sighed.

Anxiety was etched all over our faces as the higher-up continued to speak, "So, will anyone explain?"

"We took a break as Inspector Kato instructed!" Saeki shouted, her hand raised high in the air.