𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚎

I slid down the bridge and landed on my feet. I brushed out the dirt in my skirt and rushed to the riverbank.

"Haru! Haru!" I shouted, trying to locate my brother. There was no response. No sign of anyone at all.

A hand reached out on the land and Haru's face reappeared above water.

"Haru! You're alive!" I gasped in shock. He pulled himself onto land and coughed out some water. His face was pale and his eyes were hardly open.

"I'm okay... I'm just a little tired, bring me back to the office please, Sora," Haru mumbled. It must have been tiring for him. Daisuke was way more irritating than anyone I have ever met. Even worse than Kamei.

I flagged a taxi nearby and got in quickly. I pushed Haru into the back seat and sat next to him.

"Tokyo Metropolitan Police please," I told the driver.

On the car ride, I helped to tend to his wounds, and made sure he could rest.

They were all very minor injuries, so Haru would definitely be able to recover completely very soon.

Modern Crime Prevention Task Force, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, 1:47p.m.

By the time we reached the office, Haru was getting better already, but his eyebrows were still furrowed. I knew he was angry, and I could already guess why.

The sound of the clicking of the keyboard was echoing throughout the entire office, with a peaceful and quiet ambience.

There wasn't much to do that day so I was feeling quite bored. There was no one to talk to since Haru was buried in his work as usual.

There was an empty desk next to me that has been unoccupied for so long, if only there was a new detective I could talk to.

Speak of the devil.

"Everyone, please welcome our new recruit!" Kiyomizu-san announced with a wide grin on his face. I turned my head to look at who it was, but all the excitement faded from my face at the sight of him.

Of course it was him.

"Kambe Daisuke."

The light seemed to give him a godly look, making his features look 10 times better. If only he wasn't such a jerk.

He sat in the chair at the desk next to me, his mysterious gaze fixed on me. I could feel the red grow on my face.

"Can I help you?" I asked, staring right back into his eyes. His gaze still fixed on me, making me feel embarrassed.

Annoyed, I turned back to the computer and tried so hard to focus on my work.

"He's alive, isn't he?" Daisuke whispered softly into my ear. Shocked, I pushed myself away from him.

I stared at his undaunted face, feeling all hot again. This man was crazy.

He said with a cool composure, "Thanks to my hard work, I earned myself an interesting case."

Nonsense! This man is so arrogant. Haru did all the work.

"So?" I asked him, confused.

"You don't want to work on another lame case with your brother, right?" Daisuke replied.

"I mean... yeah," I mumbled, even though I wanted him to hear me.

"Work with me. I might need your help anyways," he crossed his arms, a smirk growing on his face. God, he's so handsome.

"Fine, but how am I supposed to tell Haru that?" I questioned with my eyebrows raised.

"I can take care of that, now follow me, we have some preparing to do," Daisuke said.

Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Carpark, 2:17p.m.

I recognised that car. That black sleek car. The car that I stole to chase him. Oops.

Daisuke led me to his car, and slid into the driver's seat.

Slam. He shut the car door, leaving me outside. Wow, what a gentleman. I slid into the backseat and tried to focus on the buildings instead of Daisuke. But I couldn't.

Even his back profile looked hot. I looked at the mirror, taking a peek at his face, admiring him.

He looked so serious while driving, his eyes firmly locked on the road. I was mesmerised by his looks. If only he wasn't such a jerk.

Ba-bump. Ba-bump

My heart was beating fast.

Our eyes locked and he started to smirk again, looking satisfied.

Shit, why did I have to get caught just then?!

I averted his overpowering stare, but I knew nothing could save me from that embarrassing moment.

You're such an idiot, Sora Kato!

Word count: 750