𝙶𝚒𝚏𝚝

I opened my eyes to the dimly lit room, though it is daytime no-one has opened the thick drapes. I squint, dry mouth sticky with thick saliva and groaned before retreating under the duvet.

The aching in my skull ebbs and flows like a cold tide, yet the pain is always there.

I perked up at once as I heard the door swing open.

"Good morning," Daisuke stepped inside, holding a tray with a glass of water and some pills.

"It's not a good one if you're here," I rolled my eyes and fell back down onto the bed.

"Your brother told me to do this for you. I didn't want to do this either," Daisuke retaliated. I clenched my fist in vexation and pushed myself up.

"Just bring it here and leave," I stuck out my tongue, prominently showing my distaste in him.

"No one asked you to drink so much yesterday anyways. Don't be grumpy and take your hangover meds," Daisuke nagged, and set the tray on a table nearby.

Blah blah blah. Do this. Blah blah blah. Do that. Will he ever shut up?

Daisuke crossed his arms over his chest and stood next to the table, signalling me to walk over to there.

There was a whole stare down between us. While I refused to get up, it didn't seem like he was going to leave either.

I let out an exasperation sigh and dragged my feet towards him. Placing two hands on his back, I pushed him out of the room and slammed the door shut.

Peace and quiet. Finally. That guy was almost as naggy as Haru. To be honest, they could easily be on par with a grandmother.

I took the pill and swallowed it.

"Ew, bitter," I coughed in disgust and quickly downed the glass of water.

Bzz. My phone that was lying on my bed lit up instantly.

Hoshino? Why is he calling me so early in the morning?

I brought it to my ear and pressed accept.

"Hiya. Good morning," I spoke into the phone.

"Are you okay? I've been trying to reach you."

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Where's that Kambe guy?"

"Daisuke? I'm not sure. He left after bringing me something. I can call him here if you want."

"No. Just stay on the call with me, it's fine."

"Alrighty. Oh, I noticed I called you last night," I said as I checked my call history. Did I call him while I was drunk?

"Yes, and?"

"Did I say anything... weird?"

"No."

I heaved a sigh of pent-up relief. At least I didn't make any drunken mistakes.

Knock. Knock.

I opened the door slightly ajar to see a maid standing outside.

She took a glance at me and bowed down, "Sorry for interrupting, miss Kato! Lord Daisuke summoned you downstairs."

"Alright, thank you," I smiled at her.

"I have to go, Hoshino. Call you later," I said, trying to end the call as soon as possible.

"Wait..."

"What?"

"Don't get too close to Kambe. I don't trust him."