𝙶𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚜

"All you need to do is watch me and Haru," I told Daisuke and Suzue, giving them an affirmative thumbs up.

Suzue sat at the bar table, resting her head in the palm of her hands and gazed at us, her eyes twinkling in excitement.

Daisuke didn't even bat an eye to what we were doing, and stared at his watch, lost in thought.

"Daisuke, help Sora with the frying," Haru called out while chopping some vegetables.

I turned on the electrical stove and put a pan on it gently. Pouring the oil with one head, I skillfully dumped the diced vegetables that Haru prepared into the pan.

A hand reached out from nowhere and roughly snatched the spatula from my hands, before I could do anything.

I looked up only to see Daisuke nonchalantly frying the vegetables.

My eyes widened as I looked at him.

He's... a natural.

I gawked and gaped as he flaunted skills that I never thought he would have.

He is good. Almost as good as I am.

I shook my head in disbelief, refusing to think that a pampered millionaire like him could cook better than I could.

"Nevermind, I'll take over," I muttered, pushing him out of the way.

If even such a spoiled scion like him can cook better than me, I can never live this down.

He wrapped his hands around the spatula tightly, refusing to let go. It was as if he enjoyed teasing me.

"Give it back," I hissed through clenched teeth, not wanting to put up with anymore of his nonsense.

Amidst the struggle, I exerted all the strength I had within me and pulled hard on the spatula.

My eyes were squeezed shut, but a sudden sharp pain surged through my hand, making my eyes flutter back open almost immediately.

"Ouch..." I grimaced.

To my horror, the frying pan that was on the stove just a few seconds ago now lay on the floor face down.

"The vegetables!" I groaned in disappointment. However, everyone else, even the maids, were still staring at me in shock.

Is there something on my face?

My vision panned downwards to exactly what they were staring at.

A sudden coldness washed over me rentlessly.

I felt every fiber of my being tremble at the horrifying sight.

An ugly and horrendous burn scar on my hand.

"Run her hands under water!" Suzue shouted from behind me.

"Are you okay little sis?" Haru wailed, trying to cut through Daisuke.

Everything was a frenzy. It made my head hurt.

Daisuke grabbed my hands and forced me to follow him to the sink.

He placed my hand under the tap and turned it on, eyebrows furrowed as he mumbled something under his breath.

I cringed and squirmed at the feeling of cold water hitting my open wound.

"Stay still please," Daisuke ordered. I tried to suppress a yelp as he tightened his grip around my hand.

"Lord Daisuke, Miss Kato. Please follow me to the first aid room," a maid said meekly, seeing my wound.