𝙿𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

The sunlight poured through the window, shining down on my eyes. I grunted and closed my eyes tighter, trying to shut the light out, but to no avail.

What time is it...?

I switched on my phone to see 75 messages from Haru. It was too much to take in early in the morning.

I almost wanted to roll back into bed. Honestly, I would if I wasn't so nice.

Haru: Please come down

Haru: Wake up you lazy PIG

Haru: Oiiiiii

Haru: Rich Guy makes me uncomfortable

Haru: I can't STAND being in the same room as him

Haru: WAKEUPWAKUPWAKEUPWAKEUP

Haru: Don't make me come up there, Sora

Haru: HURRY!!!

I narrowed my eyes as his messages slowly became more and more threatening. I wonder what Daisuke did to anger him so much.

Guess there's only one way to find out.

"What are 'pancakes'?" I hear Daisuke talking.

"You don't even know what the staple breakfast food is?! Do you live in another universe or something?" Haru's eyes widened in disbelief.

I facepalmed at their conversation.

"Are they like souffles?" Daisuke asked him.

"Sou- what?" Haru was confused.

"It's a baked egg-based dish which originated in early eighteenth-century France," Daisuke seemed like a walking encyclopedia, spitting out facts at Haru.

"Hi..." I awkwardly greeted the both of them. Haru let out a sigh of relief.

"What would you like to eat?" Daisuke asked.

"Uhh... pancakes?" I laughed, obviously making fun of their commotion earlier.

"What are pan-" Daisuke opened his mouth to ask but Haru cut him off.

"STOP. We are NOT having this conversation again. Ever," Haru grumbles in annoyance.

"Pancakes are... uh..." I tried to explain it but failed miserably.

"What are pancakes?" Daisuke asked Haru yet again.

"BOTH OF YOU. SIT DOWN. I'LL MAKE THE PANCAKES SO YOU CAN FINALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS AND STOP ASKING ME ABOUT IT!" Haru vociferated. I think I may have pushed his buttons too much.

Daisuke leaned towards me, but got stared down by Haru  and decided to just keep quiet.

"Tada~ Pancakes!" Haru said as he put two plates in front of us.

"Gosh, why did my chef have to go on vacation today..." Daisuke whispered, loud enough that I could hear it.

The pancake was... crispy.

"You're a horrible cook," Daisuke remarked, pushing the plate away from him.

"Sora, you think so too?" Haru said in a sad tone.

"Mmm hmm," I nodded my head vigorously, his food was barely edible.

"Nevermind. I lost my appetite. Let's just talk about the case now," Daisuke quickly changed the topic.

"We have to scoop out information from the suspect," I told him.

"Yes, indeed. However, it'll be hard," Daisuke sighed.

"Who's the suspect?" Haru asked, oblivious.

"Didn't you read the files?" I asked him in an intimidating manner.

"Uh... I don't think I did," he said sheepishly.

"The suspect is a woman called Haruka Shimoda, a Japanese citizen that is in charge of the shell company. Ever since accusations of her embezzlement started to increase, she decided to move to Hong Kong. I believe that she hasn't applied for citizenship here though," Daisuke gave a lengthy explanation.

"How much was lost?" Haru asked again.

"Around twenty to thirty million dollars," I answered.

"Hmm..." Haru looked as if he was deep in thought as he stroked his chin. "I have a plan. But I'll need the help of both of you."

A/N:
Edit: I changed the title because I found out that it was similar to one of the previous titles
Thank you for reading <3 I'm glad I actually followed the schedule this time ;;;
Have a great day!

ʰᵉˡᵖ ᵃ ˢᵐᵃˡˡ ᶜʳᵉᵃᵗᵒʳ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵇʸ ᵖʳᵉˢˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵒⁿ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ :⁾