𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚘

Daisuke's Vacation Home, 2:08a.m.
Day 7 in Hongkong...

So many things happened...

I rolled over to my side and covered my face with a pillow.

The night was so calm and tranquil, but somehow, I just couldn't fall asleep.

Since the higher ups called us back for another case, we were to return first thing tomorrow morning. (That wasn't what made me nervous, though.)

What kept me awake was none other than my feelings for Daisuke.

The only word to describe it would be "complicated".

I didn't hate him, but definitely did NOT like him either.

I need to talk to someone. I'll never fall asleep at this rate.

I glanced at my phone, my finger hovering over the call button. Although I was hesitant, I could not bring myself to turn off my phone and go back to sleep.

Screw it.

Beep!

To my utter shock, the call went through.

"Hello? I never thought you would call," Hoshino laughed. Picturing how he would look smiling right then, made me falter just as I was about to greet him back.

"You there? Did you fall asleep already?"

"Oh shit- I mean, nope! Hi," I quickly recovered from my daze.

"Haha. Good timing, to be honest. I couldn't fall asleep."

"Me too..."

"I also wanted to talk to you about Daisuke..."

"Daisuke?" It was like he had just read me like an open book.

"Everyone's asleep, right? Why don't you take the chance and explore the house a little?"

"But... even if I dislike Daisuke, isn't it rude to search that jerk's house like that?"

"Yeah... but just in case. Search for anything incriminating... I just..."

"..." I was in a dilemma, between a rock and hard place. What is he going to say? Should I even do this?

"I just... want to make sure you're safe... Even though it's your last night there... Just knowing that he's not a dangerous guy would make me relieved. So... please."

I nodded, even though I knew that he couldn't see me.

I stretched my head in the crack of the pending of the door. Nobody.

Naturally, one would expect everyone to make use of the time we have left and take a good rest.

Wrapping an oversized coat around me, I put my phone on the table and tiptoed outside.

Because of that, everyone would be in their own room, which meant the hallway would be empty, with nobody to stop me.

Ah, I can't forget my gloves. Wouldn't want Daisuke to scold me or anything now, would we?

I ducked and dashed back inside, hastily putting on the gloves.

After admiring then for a little while, I ran back outside immediately. Tightly grasping the sleeves of the coat, as if I nervous about the whole thing or something.

Me? Nervous? What a joke.

Just like that, I furtively snuck out of my room.

I crept around the halls, using the walls and plants to hide myself.