"Nope." Libra replied thinly. "Still waiting."

"Okay... I'll see you when this is all over, okay?" His voice was low and shaky. Almost as if he was... afraid. Libra shook the thought away. "I... I love you."

Libra was softer than a pillow in an instant. "I love you too." The line went dead and she let her hand drop to her side.

A dumb, little smile was stuck on her face as Aqua said, "See. Told you he was fine."

Aqua was right. Leo was fine. His tone was nothing to overthink. It was probably his reawakening that freaked him out. Sag had countless stories of Leo getting jump scared easily.

Gem, having already moved on, floated in front of her two friends, sighing loudly to get their attention. "Libra, what's taking so long?"

"No idea." Libra answered, shrugging. "Form a telepathic connection with the Gods and ask them."

"I doubt that works." Gemini sighed again, making Aqua chuckle. She glared at him before landing for the first time today. "I need to be in close range with someone to focus."

"I hope I become a telepath." Libra pouted, tucking a loose strand of raven hair behind her ear. According to Gemini, after the splitting headache, the rest of the psychic powers came easily. "You look like your having fun."

"I am!" Gem beamed, floating back up again. "Hey, wanna know what Aqua's thinking about?"

Aqua was looking at Gem fondly before her words made him widen his eyes at her. Libra couldn't help but giggle. "Sure. What's his mind up to~?"

"Let's see..." Gemini dramatically rubbed her temples. "He's thinking about... hot babes at the beach, Aqua, you're such a perv!"

Aqua was flustered immediately. His paler cheeks became flushed and Libra's giggles turned into full on laughter. Gem laughed with her, deepening the redness in Aqua's cheeks. "That's... not true!" He stammered.

"Oh, I know~" Gemini chimed. "I just had to see your reaction with that one. You're too cute!"

"I'm... not cute!" Aqua huffed, fanning himself to cool off. "You two know how I am with... women."

"Yeah, yeah." Gemini waved his embarrassed off. It didn't clear away Aqua's blush. "We aren't some otherworldly beings, buddy."

"I'm fully aware of that." Aqua crossed his arms. Libra could tell his workout days with Aries and Leo were beginning to pay off. "But, I was thinking about finally getting my powers. It's a shame I have to be next to last..."

"Your reawakening will be here in no time." Libra squeezed his shoulder. "Just a few more days. Maybe you'll be a telepath like Gem!"

"That sounds like a lovely prospect." Aqua smiled, relaxing in the couch. "But I'm sure whatever I get, I'll be satisfied with."

"Me too-" There was a sudden crash, making the three friends flinch. All of them went silent in an instant. Gemini cautiously floated towards her friends, moving her hands to raise candles off of the coffee table. They floated in the air beside her. Libra would have been amazed had she not been so scared.

Another crash. Everyone tensed. Stomping in from Libra's back door, a big, burly man broke into her home. His eyes were black, no pupils. Wispy black hair and sleek armor that showed off strange markings on his arm. Libra heard Aqua swallow.

The man took one look at the three of them and bared his teeth. His voice was deep, but throaty. "Destroy the Zodiac."

Libra gasped, standing. This... man wanted to kill them. She and Aqua were damn near defenseless, and she knew there was no way Gem could handle him on her own. As the man opened his hands, muttering some words in a sinister language, black clouds formed around his fingers and in his palms.