Chapter 30

*my dad die yesterday morning August 16 2020 at 5:00 in the morning and I don't know what to do with myself so I am here writing again.*

August POV

"Merry Christmas mommy!" Kay walked into the room and she smiled softly.

"Hey momma." Chay kissed her and sat in the chair beside her and held her hand.

"Hey mommy." Noonie cheesed and I sat down and pulled Noonie in my lap.

"We forgot your present because we was in a rush but it's Christmas so I can tell you. Can I tell her?" I nodded.

"We got you a diamond necklace with daddy on it." She smiled.

"You okay mom?" Chay asked.

"She can't talk that well."

"I just want y'all to know that I love y'all and I am always always gonna be here okay?" She spoke slowly.

Chay started crying.

"We know mommy and when you get the hospital then we can go to Disney land again." Kay smiled and cha sighed.

"Mommy it's okay." Chay wiped her face. "We can't be sad, it's Christmas and we are supposed to be happy."

"I know baby I am trying. I am happy but mommy has to tell y'all something. Come on Noonie."

I helped them get on the bed and sat back down.

"Y'all know how mommy is sick? I am too tired I am wore out. I have been fighting and fighting but mommy is in pain okay? I love you guys so much. I hate that you guys have to see me like this. I have to go away and go with daddy so I can feel better."

"Mommy I don't want you to die." Noonie cried.

"I don't wanna die maiya but I don't wanna live in the pain anymore."

"Is there something we can do to make you stay." Chay cried.

"God has already made his plans."

"I am sorry mommy." Kay cried.

Travis and Tima walked in.

"Hey sis." He hugged Monique who held a sleeping Moni.

"What's up bro." He hugged me and I instantly started crying. "We got this bro. We gone make it ight?" I nodded.

"Hey August." I hugged Tima and she went and hugged the girls.

By her body language I could tell she was crying.

"Baby you okay?" I looked at Monique

And she nodded.

It felt like everybody was showing up to sit around and just wait for her to die.

I mean I wish I had the power to change the situation but I don't and this made me realize my problem solving was money and now that I can't use it to solve this i am no good. I am not good for shit if it ain't about money.

"This is too much." Tima shook her head and started crying and trav hugged her.

We all watched the girl interact with her.

"I can't believe they are watching their mom die?" Monique shook her head.

"Mo come here."

She walked over to me slowly.

She starred at me for a second.

"Mmm... yes...." I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"Are you okay?" She nodded and tried to walk away. "Baby." I sighed.

"I am fine August. This is their moment this is y'alls moment."

"You grow up with her too baby." She nodded and covered her face and I got up and hugged her and she started crying.

Cha has been there every step of our relationship. Listening to each of our complaints and giving great advice. She made a big impact in both of our life's. Everybody life was a little brighter because of her and I don't know hard dark it will get and I don't wanna know. I am being forced.

Moni woke up.

"Why you cry mommy?" She wiped Monique face. "Is you is sad?"

"Yeah mommy is overwhelmed."

"What does that word mean?"

"Give too much of a thing to someone. In my case I am overwhelmed by stress and sadness."

"Overwhelmed." She repeated.

"Yes." Monique smiled. "Use it in a sentence."

"I am overwhelmed with joy because it's Christmas."

"Yes... baby good job." Monique squeezed her and she was love every bit of it.

***

Right now everybody was sleep and tima and Trav left because they didn't wanna watch her die any longer.

Chay is sitting up on her phone.

"I love you chaylin okay?"

She nodded.

"I just don't want her to go. It's too early and I am not even 18 and I am gonna need my mom when I go through things and I am not gonna have her and when everybody go on the mother and daughter trip in March I am gonna be the only one with out a mom."

"Me and Monique are gonna be there every step of the way. I know we aren't your real parents but we got you and we love you. We will be here for you. You don't have to worry about anything. You or your sisters. Y'all don't have to worry at all."

"What are we gonna do with out her?"

"We all will figure it out we got this. We got this together. It's all about what y'all want it's all about y'all okay. I got you okay. I love you with everything in me. I love y'all so much. Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Well I got you always and forever."

She jumped and the Machine started beeping.

It was like everything was happing so fast. The nurses and doctors rushed in.

"We are gonna have to ask you guys to leave the room."

Noonie take Moniques hand and I picked up Kay and Chay walked out in front of us.

We all knew what was happening but it still seemed unreal. It was no hope, no nothing.

"She squeezed my hand." Chay examined her hand.

She broke down crying.

I can't fix this why can't I fix this! I need to fix this!