Chapter 3

School was a complete drag. I made absolutely no friends. I mean, it's not like it was the first day of school and maybe we'd take turns introducing ourselves around the class. But no. It was the 2nd semester of school.

Out of all my classes, plenty of people noticed me, but none came up to me. I mean there were jocks, popular girls, and even book readers' eyes were on me. And I always thought their eyes were glued to a book.

It was the end of the day and I start to walk to the exit of the school. I push the front door, and make my way off campus.

Then I felt someone's hand intertwine with my left hand.

I stop and look at the hand that was in mine. The person had a pretty firm grip so there was absolutely no point in trying to run away.

I slowly raise my head up only to see him.

Trevor.

"Look, what do you want? As you can see it's the end of the day, and I'm trying to get home. So if you could really just leave me alone, that'd be great." I say trying to get my hand out of his.

"Chill Zendaya. And if you're trying to get home, I'll give you a ride." He says still holding my hand.

"Um, thanks. But I usually just walk home from school. I need the exercise."

"Okay.. But it's better if I drive you home."

Man, he was persistent. He really wanted to drive me home. I wanted him to, but I the same time.. I know I shouldn't. I barely knew him.

"Thanks for the offer, but it's only a 10 minute walk, I think I'll be fine." I say trying to fake a smile.

"Yeah, and it'll only be 5 minutes if you let me drive you home." He says pulling me to walk with him.

"I have no choice... Do I?"

"Nah, not really." He says with a smirk.

We finally reached his car. And I have to say, it was pretty nice. I mean a Mercedes Benz? Not many people can afford that. I was impressed.

"Nice car." I say as he opens the door for me to get in.

I didn't think he knew that you should open a door for a girl. Considering the fact that he didn't open it for me at the front of the school this morning.

But now.. He's.. Different.

"I know." He says while walking to the driver's seat.

He starts up the car and we're off. As we exit the school campus, all eyes from almost every girl were on us.

For about 2 minutes, we drive in complete silence. I break the silence with a "So..." And it broke the ice.

"So..." Trevor says with his eyes focused on the road, "How was your first day here?"

From a bad boy, I never really expected him to ask me that. I didn't really think he cared about how I felt or what I thought... I guess I was wrong.

"Umm.. It was okay. I mean everyone noticed me, and I mean absolutely everyone, but other than that, nothing.." I say admiring his car.

"That's nice." He says still both eyes on the road.

"Oh, you can stop right here." I say as we approach closer and closer to where I live.

But he doesn't stop. He's still moving the car. He goes past my house as I turn around to look at my house grow smaller and smaller into the distance, then I look at him with bulging eyes.