Chapter 1

Zendaya's mom has a new job offer so they have to move all the way across the country. That means new friends, school, house, everything. Things have been hard on the Coleman family ever since the loss of Zendaya's father. But this seemed like an opportunity that would change everything for the better.

Zendaya's POV
I wake up on an early Monday morning to see the bright sun beaming down on me. I saw a car pass our brand new house with 2 little kids inside. And then it hit me.
School.
I've always liked school, I've always done well in school. But that's only because I was used to being at the same school. But now everything's changed.
The thought of 8 hours in a new school rummaged through my head as I got ready for school.
I did the usual Zendaya Morning Routine; Hair, makeup, outfit all in under 30 minutes.
I head downstairs only to hear my mom whistling while making me what looked like pancakes and eggs.
I walk inside the kitchen and give her a kiss on the cheek.
"Morning mom." I say.
"Morning Z. Did you have a good night sleep?" She asks while flipping two pancakes.
"I've had better. I'm just not ready for a new school." I say opening the fridge and getting a glass of water.
"Z, it will be fine. Trust me. A new and huge job offer is a great opportunity and sometimes change has to come with it. I assure you, things will get better."
"I just hope so." I say while grabbing the breakfast my mom had prepared me.
10 minutes later, I grab my bag and slip on my wedge boots to see that the clock read '8:15'
"Well, bye Mom! I should be heading out for school right about now."
"Okay, Daya. Do you want me to give you a ride?"
"No, I think I can handle 10 minutes of walking to school by myself. Besides, I need the exercise anyways." I say opening the door.
"Alright, have a nice day at school." Is the last thing I hear my mom say as I walk out the front door to head to school.