Chapter 27

"Demetrius threw a punch at Trevor but it didn't hurt him as much.

With one arm holding me, he took his only free hand and almost knocked Demetrius to the floor.

He hit his head on the glass table in the center of the room and Trevor and I took that as advantage to make a run for it.

We were almost out the door, and then the unbelievable happened.

Demetrius fired a gunshot, and it literally took my breath away.."

.//.

I was outside of the door, one foot on the welcome mat, and one still inside the house.

Trevor held my waist, assuring that nothing would happen to me.

He tried to get out as fast as he could, and I'm glad he did.

The gunshot that Demetrius fired, made a hole right through the wall and if Trevor hadn't ducked, the bullet would've went straight through his head.

We closed and locked the door so even if Demetrius were able to get up he'd have some trouble opening that door.

We ran almost for 20 minutes and ran almost 3 miles from Trevor's house, yeah. That's how fast we ran.

We finally stopped at a nearby bus stop by Trevor's neighborhood.

I stopped running and sat down on the bench. I was out of breath for running for my life.

Trevor sat down beside me panting just as much as me.

I didn't say a word to him for almost 5 minutes. Not that I didn't want to talk to him, but because I don't know what I should say to him. Whether it's sorry for letting Demetrius in my life or I was just speechless because I can't take all this in at once.

"You okay?" Trevor says.

"No, no I'm not okay. I'm so sorry Trevor, I had absolutely no idea that he would be delivering your pizza or even have a gun, I didn't even know it was him who called me on my phone. I'm sorry I had to run to your house and bother you about all this and I'm sorry we had to run away from your house to get away-"

Without any precaution Trevor gently kissed me before I went on and on about how bad of a girlfriend I am to him. He didn't care who saw us.

He put his right hand on my left cheek and I slightly titled my head to the left and rubbed my left hand across his.

We released after 30 seconds to catch our breath.

"Stop."

"No, if it weren't for me, then we wouldn't be in this mess-"

"Hey, don't say that."

"Trevor, could you let me finish? Look, from the start you said that every time you start actually going out with somebody, things take a hard left. And that's basically what happened with us. I don't even think it's because you have bad luck, it's just me."

"No, stop saying that stuff Z. And when I told you that, guess what you said to me. We would have to try hard to make things workout. Well that's exactly what we need to do now, and you aren't even trying. I think that's where all my relationships take a hard left. We don't try enough to protect our relationship. Don't be like those other girls Zendaya."

"I'm not trying to be like those other girls Trevor, because seriously, how many girlfriends have you had that bring a friend into their relationship with a GUN. Trevor, just admit, I'm too much to handle. We can't work this out. It's impossible."

"Zendaya, I don't know if you remember, but I love you. Like I'm in love with you. I'd do anything to be with you. And I'm not gonna let some dude change that.." He said.

"Trevor, you don't understand. Demetrius and I got into a huge fight the day I told him we were dating. It ended our friendship and now he's trying to end our relationship. Well if this is his plan, it's definitely working."

"Zendaya can you please stop saying that shit. It's okay. Where is all this coming from?"

"No it's not okay!! Trevor when he fired that gunshot, my whole life flashed before my eyes. Our future. And I don't even think we have a future anymore. We'll always have our individual futures-but I guess.. we just aren't ever gonna have one together." My words were coming out slowly and were broken from the tears building up.

"Zendaya stop saying stuff like that! Don't make me kiss you again to shut you up." He grins.

"Trevor-"

He kissed me for about 4 seconds and breathed out while taking his lips off of me.

"Look, I don't care about Demetrius. Why are you letting him even interfere with our relationship? Is it because you don't really like me? After all this you're just gonna crawl back to him aren't you? That's why you're implying we should break up right?"

"What?! No Trevor, even if I liked him before all this, after what he did, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him."

"Tell me the truth, tell me if you ever liked him."

"No, Trevor-"

"Don't lie to me." He said with all seriousness.

I sighed.

"Okay, maybe I liked him a lot more than just a friend. But even before we started going out, my feelings toward him kinda died.. And when we did start going out, I tried to tell him and when he got super mad at me for telling him the truth about us, I told him to stay out of my life, for good. I promise you that."

After a 1 minute of silence which felt like forever he finally spoke.

"Okay. And just know that I'm not mad. He was there for you when I wasn't and I'm sorry for that. But you can't just let anyone ruin our relationship like that, no matter how messed up it seems. We'll get through anything, and we'll get through this."

"Okay, but only if you promise to kiss me every time I'm talking too much." I laughed for like the first time in forever.

"Why wait five minutes for you to start talking a lot when I could just kiss you now?"

I punched him for saying that and laughed after I did and so did he.

"Oh just kiss me." I said

He kissed so gently and passionately, and it felt like the best dwelling on earth.

I finally confessed everything to Trevor and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Hey lovebirds. Are you getting on or not?"

"Oh, we uh weren't gonna get-" I said as I looked over to Trevor as he cut me off.

"Yeah. How much?"

*Author's Note*
Sorry I wasn't updating very often, I might end the story soon but only to come back with a sequel!

Would you guys like that?