Chapter 18

Was I really ready for this? Actually hanging out with Demetrius even though Trevor expects me to meet him at the movies. What happens when he waits there for like a whole hour and goes home depressed because I never showed up?

But I guess Kacey was right. I mean, if Trevor actually likes me, then he'll let it go. A part of me thought otherwise though.

To be honest, I don't think I am mentally or physically prepared to hangout with Demetrius. There's a reason why this dude wanted to "hangout" and I'm more than very sure that it isn't just to get to know each other better.

What if we kiss again, or what if Trevor finds out, or what if Demetrius asks me to be his girlfriend?!

You know what, I really think I'm over thinking this whole thing. This is just two friends hanging out, right?

I hear two knocks at my front door, so I'm guessing that's him. I head downstairs and open the door to see a smiling Demetrius. And I hate to admit it but he looked a lot hotter than usual.

He had a white v-neck on with a black leather jacket and black pants. His brown haired tips contoured with the rest of his dirty blond hair.

"Wow, Zendaya you don't look like you're just hanging out with me." He chuckles while going through his hair with his hand. He always does that.

I was wearing a flower floral dress because I hate wearing tight things, with a black leather jacket on top. And I paired it with some blank combat boots.

"You don't look half bad yourself." I lied.

I step out of my house and lock the door behind it.

"So where are we going?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Now that's a surprise." He winks at me.

"Well, are we going to your house or something?" I already knew what his answer was going to be.

"How'd you know?" He nudges me in the arm playfully and laughs.

"I maybe new to this neighborhood but I know my way out the neighborhood and this way isn't it, so unless you're trying to kidnap me, we're going to your house." He was amazed at my explanation.

"Smart girl." He smirks at me.

That reminded me of Trevor... I probably broke his heart because I'm not at the movies with him.. Or he's gotten over it, but wants nothing to do with me. I cringed at the thought of that.

"You okay? You seem kinda tense if you ask me." Demetrius says.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine, what- you want to give me a massage?" I say sarcastically.

"Do you mind?!" He exclaims. I loved his sarcasm. I just laugh at his response.

We finally arrive at his house that looked similar to mine. He leads me to his back yard with his hand. I smile.

"We aren't going inside? Wow, you really know how to make a first impression..." I trail off.

"I sure do." Man, I loved his sarcasm, he's like a guy who you can have the most fun with, and I love that about him.

There was a mini fire in the middle of his huge big yard.

"Demetry, there's a fire on your lawn!" I had no idea what was going on.

"Okay, yeah, I know." He looks at me. And I look at him.

"Well, don't just stand there, put it out!! Now!" I was practically louder than the dogs that were barking outside.

"Zendaya, Zendaya! Look closer, there's a log, marshmallows, and two sticks sitting right beside a BONFIRE." He adds emphasis to bonfire.

"What?" I take a closer look by stepping next to it and he follows me.