Chapter 17

I walk out of my second period class and head for the lunch room. I only had four classes today and that's half the amount of all my classes, so our classes were longer and so was lunch.

I didn't have math with Trevor today so I was very excited to see him at lunch. I walked through the lunch room door and I feel two arms grab my waist.

I already knew it was Trevor, so I smiled and turned around.

"Hey Trev- Oh, hey Demetrius, I didn't expect you to be here." I say looking a bit confused on why he thought it was okay to grab me by the waist like that.

"Hey Zendaya, and please, call me Demetry." He chuckles and I do too.

"Okay Demetry, happy now?" I laugh lightly as he smiles at me.

He brushes his hands through his hair and puts his hands in his front pockets. I had to admit, he looked very attractive doing that.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime today?" He asks.

"As in a date? Look Demetry, I don't know if'-"

He cute me off politely. "No, I don"t mean as a date sorta thing, just two people hanging out to get to know each other a little better, that's all."

I wanted to say yes right then and there but I didn't know if I should. Trust me, I wanted to get to know him a lot better and I don't really see what's the problem with doing that other than Trevor finding out..

We've gotten really closer since he actually confessed his true feelings for me, and I wanted to be with him, no matter how hard things seems to complicate, we'll work it out and I know that. I just don't know if I should be hanging out with a guy who I just met with and also kissed.

I mean Trevor saw us kiss and even though we worked things out, he was still a bit pissed when he told me he saw Demetrius and I kissing.

"Um, hello? Zendaya?" Demetrius asks confusingly.

"What? Oh, I ugh I'll have to think about it, it's not that I don't want to "hangout' with you, it's just that I may or may not have something planned with Kacey, I'll talk to her about it first." I say while having the most unrealistic smile plastered across my face.

"Oh, alright, well um check in with me if you you're available." He says while walking away to get his food.

I had to go find Kacey fast before I started freaking out right in the middle of the cafeteria because of a boy.

I remembered that Kacey said she was going outside for lunch so I went to look there.

I walked into the almost empty hallway that leads to outside and Trevor yells my name.

I kinda was in a rush to see Kacey, I needed advice from her, so seeing Trevor isn't so important at the moment.

"Hey Trev, I gotta go meet up with Kacey like right now so, I'll just get going-

"Aye, what's the rush? I need to ask you something." He grabs my hands, and I have to admit, I didn't want him to let go any time soon.

"Okay?" I had no idea what he was going to ask me, but all I know is that he better make it quick.

"I know we don't go out and all, but I was wondering if you want to go to the movies this Friday." He smiles.

This is not going as planned, you know if I had never bumped into Demetrius, this wouldn't have happened. I really want to spend quality time with Trevor, but Demetrius already asked me.

Am I really putting Demetrius before my boy- Trevor?

"I'd love to go, but-

I guess he must have not heard me say but because he grab me by the waist and twirled me around like I was a little girl. He then gave me a quick kiss on my left cheek and rushed off before I could even say anything and rushed off too fast that I couldn't catch up to him.

I needed to go find Kacey fast.

I head out the school door and find Kacey coming out of her car with a subway sandwich in her hands.

"Kacey!" I yell, and she obviously heard me because she was looking around everywhere trying to figure out who said her name.

"What's up Z?"

"I'm in a huge crisis. Well, not really a crisis, but I really need your help."

She laughs before answering me. "With what?"

"Okay, so Demetrius asked me to hangout with him today and I lied saying that I may or may not have something planned with you."

I couldn't even start my next sentence since Kacey was blowing up in excitement. "He asked you out on a date?! Aw, that's so cute! I never thought that Demetrius liked you that much!"

I had already told her about our kiss, so I guess that's what got her excited the most.

"Kacey! No! Just two people hanging out but could you just fucking listen?! So that happened and I needed to find you to ask for your opinion on this and while trying to find you, I bumped into Trevor and he asked me out on an actual date and he thinks I said yes, but I was still trying to make a decision. And I don't know what the fuck to do!" I say out of breath because I said that all at once before Kacey tried to twist up my words again.

She could tell that I was frustrated so she told me to sit down at the table.

"Look I know you're confused but you really need to breathe and think about the situation. Now, you and Trevor are getting super close at the moment, and that's a good thing, but deep down inside you know good and damn well that you have feelings for my friend Demetry."

"I know, I know, that's all true, but how do I figure out who I'm going to be saying yes to?"

"Well, in my opinion, I think you should hang out with Demetry, not just because he's my friend but because he's a pretty cool guy, and you should get to know him a little better."

"I want to, trust me, but Trevor already thinks I said yes to him, and I can't just stand him up like that."

"Well, if Trevor really likes you as much as you think he does, then I'm sure he'll let it go."

"Alright, thanks Kacey." I walked back into the school.

I guess that means I'm saying yes to Demetrius, even though I feel some what guilty because of Trevor, I'm not passing out this opportunity with Demetry.

*Author's Note*

Sorry I couldn't update sooner but I recently went to Orlando, Florida for my Spring Break, and I still haven't studied because of testing that starts the tuesday I go back to school..

Anyways, don't forget to comment and vote! Xo <3