Chapter 26

||End||

I laid on the little chair I had set up in my throne room. I stared enviously at the demigods who were playing in Malibu. I was even more jealous that Jason had gotten married to Piper and that Percy was rich. They were demigods and that had to be lucky. Percy's life wasn't even supposed to be lucky, but he had the power to change fate. No one could do that.

"Milord," a young woman came in.

"Rise," I greeted, "Do you have any information?"

"I cannot see much. Chaos's palace is locked away from us but I communicated with the other maid for information. All the primordials have locked themselves away in the council room, not coming out. We don't know what information they have, only that the rest of the castle is vulnerable," she said.

"Hm... if Chaos won't let information slip, we'll have to search the demigods for information. Go to Camp Half-Blood."

||Chiron||

I groaned as the campers argued.

"WE NEED AS MANY CAMPERS AS WE CAN GET!"

"NO! THERE ARE SPIES!"

"SHUT UP!"

"NO, YOU SHUT UP!"

These new 'council' members were way worse than Percy's sassiness.

"HOW ABOUT YOU ALL SHUT UP?!" Dionysus yelled.

Everyone quieted.

"Alright. So... we've established that last year, during the Titan War and in the Giant War, there were spies. We can't risk it especially if we have such a powerful opponent. I don't think it's wise to get new campers. We never know who we can trust," I said.

"But what if they die?"

"We can build an isolation camp that runs by itself for them with a boundary so they can't go anywhere else. They can't make it past the barrier," I decided.

The Hephaestus campers got to work. I sighed, looking at Dionysus.

"You know what's weird?" Dionysus asked.

"What?"

"I miss Peter Johnson," he replied.

I fought the urge to facepalm and nodded.

"Who else do you miss?"

"I kinda miss Lychee Vodka," he mumbled.

"Who's Lychee Vodka?"

"His friends call him... Leo? Also... I kinda miss Annie Bell with her friend Pipe Cleaner... what about that Jay Grain?"

I shook my head.

"All those names are wrong, Mr. D," I sighed.

"I know! I'm drunk!"

||Hermione Granger||

I wouldn't say going with Ron was a wise choice. Most of the time, I had brought my books to read and I even had enough to buy... a muggle phone. I was mostly scrolling through... Instagram? TikTok? What did they call it... Messages? Anyway, I was sitting on the couch, when Fred and George come barreling in with Ron, where they have a nerf gun fight. Seriously?

"Ron! Stop it!" I blocked my ears, "It's very hard to read this book!"

The nerf gun hit me in the face.

"Ow! Stop!" I yelled.

I groaned and took out my phone again. I was scrolling when a nerf gun hit my forehead.