Chapter 23

||Percy Jackson||

Piper and Jason were happily sharing a glass of apple cider when I got a call from Hecate.

"Hecate? Why are you calling so late?" I asked.

"I need your help," she sounded desperate.

"What?" I asked.

The connection went dead. All I could hear from the static was this.

"Brace yoursel*static*wizards*static*witches*static*Hogwarts*static*Potter--"

The line went dead.

~~~

||Poseidon||

I groaned as Zeus fought with Hades.

"We aren't helping another group of people!" Zeus roared.

"If we don't that part of the earth will die!"

"WELL," Hecate raised her voice, "With all your fighting, my call with Percy was interrupted. We will help them. Without my magic, we need them to aid us anyway. They aren't safe. Percy can go."

"No, no, no, no, no," I shook a finger, "You are not putting my son in any more danger than you already have. You can't. He almost died last time."

"It's the only way to keep them safe!"

"Why do you have to use my son?!" I protested.

"It's a wise choice, Poseidon," Athena said.

"Ugh... Athena! How many times will I tell you? Maybe it should be your daughter. My son almost died for her so maybe it's her turn to die for him!" I yelled.

"No! I am not sending my daughter!" Athena snapped at me.

"Oh, yes, only because you're a f***ing wisdom goddess means that your child gets to experience no labor and my son has to take all the blame because your asshole brain won't let your f***ing daughter die because it's wise! Really, you don't even care about my son at all! You only care about what goes on in your family and you'd rather see my son die and your daughter depressed than letting your daughter go and make some common romance in your shit brain!" I fumed.

"Now I understand why people say 'a sailor's mouth' whenever people cuss really badly," Apollo looked at me.

"I have to say the romance part is true," Aphrodite said.

"How dare you?! I am saying this because it truly is wise!" Athena scoffed, though she turned cherry red.

"And where's your proof?" I sneered.

"Jeez, that has the be the smartest thing you've ever said," Hera said.

"I still think your head hit one of your father's teeth when you came out!" Athena looked away sharply.

"I still think you're as stubborn as your father. I guess the ego doesn't fall far from his attitude either. It multiplied!" I yelled.

"Brother," Hades laid a hand on my shoulder comfortingly, "Percy is more powerful than any other demigod. He has the power to kill us all. I can sense it in his aura. I'm not sure why, but he is more powerful than all of us. If anyone can protect these wizards and witches, it's him."

"B-But... I have no other children. What happens if I lose him?" I asked.

"I'm sorry... but he's going to die anyway. Let him die a hero," Zeus said.