Chapter 22 The Last (Ending)

This chapter will be longer than most, but it's also the last one... sooooo.

-Minjun POV-

I would be lying if I said I didn't take this job just so I could see my daughter. It just hurts so much that I can't tell her the truth. 

Sometimes I think she has some of her past memories too, but I'm not sure and I don't want to scare her either. So I've just been watching my daughter grow up from afar. Which is hard, but I suppose it's all I can do for now.

But... what about Zhao Ren. She's being released soon, so will she try and hurt Lalisa? I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Ah, what should I do?

Just then I heard the familar voice of Lalisa, "Sir, are you okay? You looked stressed."

I shook my head, "Yeah, I just have a lot of papers to grade."

She nodded and continued with her work so I pulled out my phone began scrolling through social media. Normally I just scrolled through to pass the time, but this time something caught my eye. It was a picture of Zhao Ren.

What could this be about? I clicked on the link and my eyes went wide. She's being released today?

I quickly went to my contacts and dialed Wang Shu. While it rang I ran into the hallway and waited.

In a few rings she answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Minjun. Have you heard the news?"

"I don't think so. What news are you talking about?" She asked confused.

"It's Zhao Ren... she's getting released today."

"What! Why in the hell?"

"It said something about overcrowding. They are releasing prisoners that have served most of their time."

"I... I have to tell Kang Xi... Ah, this is so awful. Thank you for telling me."

I nodded, "Your welcome, but one more thing. Aren't you worried she's going to come after your kids?"

"Yea, but Chaiya is safe with us. She won't get near him."

"Wang Shu... I'm not talking about Chaiya."

There was a short pause, but she soon spoke up, "Then who are you talking about? I only have one child."

I sighed, "I know you don't want Kang Xi to know about her, but I wouldn't be surprised if Zhao Ren already knows where she lives. Aren't you worried?"

"Yes... Yes I am. But she's safe where she's at. My cousin will keep her safe."

I rolled my eyes and kept on, "Listen. I know more about our daughter than you do. The woman that's supposed to be keeping her safe threatens to kick her out on the street nearly everyday."

"W-Well... what am I supposed to do about it? I love her, but she doesn't know me and Kang Xi will be furious."

"This is more than just feelings. This is life and death. Besides Kang Xi was understanding in our past lives so he'll be understanding now too."

"Fine... I'll do what I can. But what school does she go to?"

-Lalisa POV-

Now that the school day was coming to an end I was growing nervous. Was she really going to kick me out? Is she going to take me to my real mom? I have no idea.

Once I was ready I got all my school books and began to walk home. But I didn't get far when someone in a black car parked in the middle of the road beside me.