Chapter 8 The News

When the day came to a close Kang Xi dropped me off at my apartment and I told Hayoon about my doctor's appointment today.

She drove me to the doctor and I asked her to wait outside because surely I wouldn't be that long.

As I sat in the waiting room I grew slightly nervous, what if something is wrong.

But that's silly, right.

Just then my doctor motioned for me to come to one of his rooms and sit down.

"Well, Wang Shu."

I took a deep breath, "Am I okay? I'm not sick, am I?"

"You're not sick at all, and in nearly every aspect you are hundred percent healthy."

"That's good, so why did I need to come back?"

He sighed and rubbed his forehead, "This is quite hard to explain."

"Give it to me straight, okay."

He nodded, "You see the uterus that has formed inside your body has attached itself inbetween the rectum and the sigmoid colon."

I looked confused, "And that means?"

"Wang Shu, you can carry a child, and you are always fertile because your body doesn't have an ovulation period."

My eyes went wide and I nearly choked, "Excuse me?"

"I know it's a lot to take in, but you need to stay calm."

"Stay calm, how am I supposed to stay calm?"

"I think you should start taking birth control, to prevent a pregnancy though. Because even though you can get pregnant, we aren't sure yet if the male body is designed to carry children."

"Yea... that's fine. Wait, but I've slept with people. Oh god!"

"Shh, just stay calm. Stress doesn't help anything. It's possible that the uterus isn't fully developed, and if that's the case you don't have to worry."

I nodded and took a deep breath, "You're right."

"Well, we're going to continue doing research on you, but as far as we can tell this will be permanent until we can safely reverse this."

"I understand."

"Well, I will call you back when you need to make another appointment. But until then do you have any other more questions?"

I shook my head, "No, I'll see you next time."

"Have a nice day, Wang Shu."

"You too."

I left the doctors office and slowly made my way to the car. I slumped in the passenger seat and Hayoon looked at me with sad eyes, "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

I nodded, "Yea, I'm good."

She raised an eyebrow, "I know you're lying to me. I know you, Wang Shu."

"It's nothing. I'm fine."

She rolled her eyes, "When you're ready to tell me, you can tell me. But don't lie and say nothing is wrong."

"Fine, something is wrong. But I'm too... embarrassed to talk about it."

"You don't need to be embarrassed around me, just tell me when you're ready."

I nodded, "I will."

-The Next Morning-

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing and I lazily grabbed it. I had a couple texts.