Chapter 17 The Evidence

-Zhao Ren POV-

When I finally got to my house I ran out of my car and swung open the front door, only to see that there was no one in sight.

"What the hell!"

I pulled out my phone to watch the camera feed to see when they left. But at some point Wang Shu was messing with the camera and suddenly the screen just went black. What did she do?

I grabbed the camera of the shelf and looked at it closely, she took out the damn memory card. 

My eyes went wide, that means she can see everything. I suddenly swung the camera at the wall causing it to break into pieces.

Is this how it's going to be? I'm going to be arrested again. Well of course it is. 

-Wang Shu POV-

When we got back to Kang Xis apartment he took the memory card and immediately put it into his camera then hooked it up to his computer.

He fast forwarded through the past few days of footage until I finally stopped him, "There, that's when Hayoon should be going to her house."

He soon slowed it down and we both watched the screen closely. Everything seemed normal. She woke up, made breakfast, and watched some television.

But soon she started preparing for lunch. She set out some small snacks and nothing seemed out of place until she started making the tea. She was brewing two pots of tea and I pointed it out to Kang Xi, "Look, she's making two pots of tea."

"I admit, that's a little weird. But we need real proof. The police can't arrest someone because they made two pots of tea."

I nodded, "You're right."

But soon Kang Xis wish for real proof was granted, because she went to the garage and cam back carrying the container of antifreeze. I gasped and covered my mouth as she poured it into one of the pots, "Is that enough proof for you?"

"Yea... this is so crazy. She really is no different from her past self."

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and Zhao Ren opened it to let Hayoon inside. 

It pained me to keep watching because I already knew the outcome.

The two women sat down and pour their tea. They made small talk when suddenly Hayoon started to act weird, "I can't watch."

I turned around held Kang Xis arm for support.

After a couple minutes he sighed, "It's over."

I glanced at the screen and Hayoon was lying on the floor unconscious.

"W-what should we do?" I asked.

He took a deep breath and hummed in thought. "Firstly the police."

"You can't be serious."

"This isn't the same as it was in our past lives. We have to do this."

I nodded, "I suppose your right."

Kang Xi pulled out his phone and dialed the local police department.

I was a little confused because I didn't know what he would say.

When someone answered his call he spoke up, "Hello, I would like to report a murder."

A few moments later he looked at me, "Want to make a trip to the police station?"

I nodded and grabbed the memory card from the camera, "Let's go."

"We'll be right there." When he finished he stuck his phone back in his pocket.