Chapter 6 The Men

-1 Week Later-

It's been a little bit over a week since I started my job here and for the most part I really enjoy it. 

Minjun is always super nice, luckily I haven't had to work with Zhao Ren yet, and as for Kang Xi our workplace relationship has been extremely awkward since that one day.

He has been polite and all, but any friendship we had is now lost because I shut myself off to him.

I know we weren't supposed to get too close anyway, but it still hurt. He seemed like such a sweet person.

When I stepped into work this morning I seen Minjun and he smiled, but soon his smile fell when he seen my face. 

"Are you doing okay? You haven't looked so good the past few days."

"I'll be fine."

"You sure, I could always take your mind off things." He said with a smirk.

I chuckled, "I know, you remind me everyday."

"And the offer is still valid you know."

"Maybe some other time."

He smiled, "I'll take that as a yes."

"Whatever makes you happy."

He chuckled but he soon got serious for a moment, "But for real, if you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

He smiled and pulled me into a gentle hug.

I sighed and hugged him back, but soon we were broke apart. "What the hell?" I said.

But when I seen who it was I gasped, "Kang Xi, is there something wrong?"

He barely acknowledged me and instead glared at Minjun, "What the hell are you doing?"

Minjun looked confused, "What? I was just talking to her. She was clearly upset about something, so I was trying to cheer her up. Not that you should care."

Kang Xi balled his fists, "Your disgusting."

When he turned to leave he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me behind him.

"Kang Xi, stop, you're hurting me."

He didn't let go until we were now in the library. He pushed me onto the couch while he locked the door.

When he looked at me his face made me want to curl up in a hole and hide.

"What was that out there?"

"I-"

"Be quiet! Listen you can ignore my texts, you can act like I'm just some colleague, but I can't have you throwing yourself all over other guys in front of me. It drives me insane, and the crazy thing is I don't really know why. I mean yea, you're cute and I like you, but it's more than that, and I don't understand it. Tell me why I'm like this, please tell me, it's driving me crazy."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? That's it? Damn."

I sighed, "It's just, that I don't understand it either. Something is happening and I don't know what it is or how to stop it."

He slumped down beside me, "But why do you have to ignore me?"

"Something wants us to be together but I just have a bad feeling about it."

"But we don't know what will happen until we try."

But I think I do know what will happen, I thought. I looked over to Kang Xi, "Just let me be a writer. If we try to make it work, rumors will spread and we could get fired."

Authoress Wang Shuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें