Chapter 18 The Flight

-Wang Shu POV-

The next morning I woke up and seen Kang Xi still asleep beside me.

I was about to fall back to sleep when I started to get sick to my stomach. I ran to the washroom and leaned over the toilet. I felt so nauseous and I knew exactly why, but what am I supposed to do about it.

I sat on the washroom floor for a moment to think. I've got some relatives I'll just ask them to take me in for as long as it takes for me to give birth. But I can't bring my child back because Kang Xi will grow suspicious. It will be too similar to our past lives. He'll know instantly that it's my kid. 

I took a deep breath, maybe... I could just get rid of it. But I can't. I would forever hate myself if I did.

A few moments later I heard a knock on the door and I quickly got up and opened the door. Kang Xi looked confused, "You okay? You practically ran out of bed."

"Oh, I'm sorry for waking you. But yea, I'm just fine."

He looked at me like he really didn't believe me, but he eventually nodded. "Well, that's good."

While he went to the washroom I grabbed my phone and went through my contacts. I have an aunt that lives in America so I decided to call her.

When she answered I breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey, I need a big favor."

After a few minutes of trying to explain the situation she agreed to let me stay with her. Our excuse was she was sick and she needed someone to stay with her.

When our plans were all set I went back into our apartment to see Kang Xi.

-Kang Xi POV-

I had a feeling Wang Shu was acting strange and while I was using the washroom I heard her go outside.

So when I finished I went and opened my window to watch her. 

At first everything seemed normal, but she called someone and her voice sounded scared. What could be wrong? It made me worried about her.

"Hey, I need a big favor."

When I heard her say that, I listened closer."

"You see, I'm dating this guy and I absolutely love him, but there's a big problem."

There was a short pause as the other person spoke, but I was so worried. What could the problem be? Did I do something wrong?

Wang Shu took a deep breath, "I'm... I'm pregnant and it's not his child."

When she said that it felt like someone kicked me in the stomach. I didn't know what to do, or say. I knew she slept with Minjun, but I suppose this is how it must be. She must have his kid just like last time.

A few moments later Wang Shu ran in and when she seen me, she smiled so I tried to smile back.

"Hey Kang Xi, my aunt in America just called. She's been getting sick lately I offered to go and help her out until she gets better. I hope that's okay."

I nodded, "Yea, of course."

She must have noticed me acting weird because she sat by me on the bed and took my hand, "Are you okay?"

"Yea, just a little tired."

She nodded, "That's understandable. We didn't get a good sleep because of the commotion last night."

"Right."

-Later That Day-

-Wang Shu POV-

Kang Xi and I were about to sit down for dinner when we got a phone call. I read the screen and it was from the detective we met yesterday.

I quickly answered it, "Hello?"

"Is this Wang Shu?"

"Yes it is, sir."

"Well, I have some bad news. Zhao Ren will be going to prison for Hayoons murder, but she'll be getting the minimum sentence. Only fifteen years. She hired a good lawyer. They called it 'A crime of passion'. And that she would have never done it, if Kang Xi didn't keep seeing other women."

"That's ridiculous."

"I know, but I'll keep working on it and see if anything can be changed."

"Thank you very much."

When we were finished talking I told Kang Xi everything the detective had told me. I knew he wasn't happy about it, but it was the best we could do.

But the more I thought about it I became scared, "When she gets out she's going to try and kill us again, isn't she?"

Kang Xi sighed, "I... I don't know. But I promise to do my best and protect you."

I smiled and pulled him into a hug, "Thank you, I love you so much."

He pressed a kiss on my forehead, "I love you too, babe. But, I have a question."

"You can ask me anything."

He took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes, "When you get back from... taking care of your aunt. Will you... will you marry me?"

My eyes went wide, but I quickly nodded, "Yes! Yes! Of course!"

He lifted me up and everything seemed perfect for that one moment.

-One Month Later-

It was about time for me to 'Care for my aunt'. In the meantime my boss halted my schedule, and all my friends knew that I would be gone for a little while.

Kang Xi drove me to the airport and helped me navigate my way through.

When I was at my last stop, I gave Kang Xi a hug and pulled him into a kiss. "See you in about five months."

He nodded, "See you soon, I love you Wang Shu."

"I love you too, Kang Xi."