• Chapter Fifteen •

I'm literally stumped.

I can't believe I have allowed my cleaner to kick me out of my own apartment.

How did it come to this? Never mind, I have an idea.

Thinking back to earlier, seeing the young family had made me feel slightly envious.

At the time, the idea of going to the beach was very tempting especially when compared to being stuck with Scarlet and a shit coffee.

So tempting in fact, that I was already on my way there; right now.

Yes, that's my big idea! Sticking to what I know best:

My comfort zone. (Don't judge me.)

After stopping at the shops and treating myself to not one but two new bikinis, I also managed to find myself somewhere legal to park this time.

Having climbed into the privacy of the back of my car where the windows were tinted, I slipped off my jeans and top, and changed into the new black and white two-piece.

Leaving my clothes folded on the back seat, I grabbed my bag and locked the car by pressing the fob over my shoulder before heading to my favourite place.

Less than a minute later and I have reached the familiar stone wall that runs alongside the parked cars with the beach adjacent on the opposite side.

Shielding my eyes with one hand, I looked on with a smile, seeing the same young family from earlier come into focus as the silver charms twinkled on my wrist brilliantly.

By the looks of things, they were packing up now and getting ready to head home.

I look at my watch, confirming the fact that it is getting rather late and then down to the ground, specifically where the concrete path ends and meets the place where the sand begins.

I slip off my flip flops and pick them up; ready to carry them.

Stepping forward, my feet have only begun basking in the warm sand for all of around 3 seconds before my bag starts to buzz.

Retrieving my phone, I am unable to see from the glare of the sun who is calling.

Assuming it's Scarlet, I'm reluctant to answer.

I change my mind at the last minute however, figuring that it may in fact be Gloria.

I swipe right, hoping that she's changed her mind and is ringing to give me permission to come home.

"Hey, it's only me. I was wondering if we could meet?"

Shit, it's Mr Tiffin!