• Chapter Nineteen •

After a few more minutes of working out - I MEAN - walking, we arrived at what appeared to be some sort of private jetty area filled with expensive looking boats in all manner of various shapes and sizes.

Moments later, we came to a halt infront of a rather modern looking one.

Compared to the rest, you can easily see that it's well-kept, that or perhaps it's rarely been used?

Along the side of the boat is a thick, navy vinyl complete with a golden glossy line throughout the middle, accompanied by the letter 'H'.

Yep, definitely his boat!

"Oh, what a lovely little boat." I tried my best to sound sincere.

"You like it?" He climbed in with ease and turned to face me.

"Um, yeah! Sure? It's very.. Boaty." I cringed at my own choice of words.

"Boaty..?!" He sniggered and laughed not even trying to hold back.

I cleared my throat and smiled.

"Well." He says having recovered from laughing. "If you like this.. Then you'll like what comes next."

Uh.. "Sounds great Mister Tiffin." I replied calmly.

He smiles and busies himself about the boat making what I can only assume are 'checks' before facing me with a hand in his pocket and, to my horror, waiting for me to do something.

I clear my throat and look down, almost instantly regretting it as I watched the water lap between the gangway and the boat.

In doing so, it caused it to create an even larger gap while the boat slowly drifted further away and then back again.

"You have.. Been on a boat before. Haven't you?" Mr Tiffin frowned.

"Oh, sure! Absolutely.." Not. Not since I was a child, anyway.

I mean I could have a phobia?! I could get sea sick!?Who knows? 'Cause I sure as hell don't!

And I don't particularly want to discover the answers with him at my side, not to mention on his boat!

"Ready?" He takes his hand out of his pocket and holds it out to me.

Feeling somewhat thankful I haven't had the chance to eat much today (and therefore lowering my risk of being sick..) I forced myself to look away from the small waves crashing into the boat and the wooden plinth simultaneously.

"Sure." I smiled and stepped forward, trying my best not to be affected by the sound of the water lapping and smashing against the side of the boat.

Thank God I have these sunglasses on.

"Welcome aboard." He tells me, confirming that I had in fact made it and avoided falling down that dreadful gap.

I open my eyes and look down at him as he helps me aboard with both hands.

He then guided me down into a seat with a knowing smirk which I did my best to ignore.

"Congratulations." He tells me, straightening up and towering over me.

"Hm?" I smile. What am I missing.

"You've already made it further than Scarlet ever has." He explains.

"Oh!" I laugh nervously.

Do you know what, for once? I don't blame her.

I think I'm actually on her side with this.. Maybe if I ever make it back to dry land then I will go back to judging her and play the whole thing down but for now, I completely agree with her philosophy of keeping her two perfectly pedicured feet on dry land.