34

One of the soldiers ran into the meeting. "The survey corps has returned from the mission!" They said. The men inside the room were surprised. "Wall Maria has been retaken!" The girl continued. 

 White confetti seemed to be falling down onto the floor, the scouts were standing on the wall. They looked down at the people who were filled with excitement and happiness. You got out of the wagon. "Take this wagon to the base then put Erwin's body on the bed in his office therefore we will get his burial ready soon." You smiled at the other soldiers, nodding their head. You saw the wagon get farther away, your heart was in deep pain. Hanji looked at Levi. 

 "Maybe we should let them be alone for a while." Hanji said. Levi nodded his head, staring at you. He didn't dare take his eyes off of you as you continued your way into a bar. "At least we should watch out for them, let's follo." Levi said when Hanji cut him off. "We need to report to the higher ups, Levi. We'll have some soldiers report back to us once the meeting is done where Y/n's where bouts are."  she replied, placing her hand on his shoulder. He bit his lip softly, worried. There was silence. 

 "Alright." he said, sighing a bit before following her and everyone else to the meeting. He did feel a bit discouraged although. You opened the door, there it was the ringing. It was from the bell to alert someone entered. The owner slowly turned around and the waitress's eyes drifted off to the door hoping it was someone else. "Moblit?!" The owner yelled until his eyes landed onto your face. You were bruised and tears were falling down your cheeks. You slowly bowed 90 degrees, crying. 

 "Moblit is dead. I'm sorry for not protecting him." You said, croaking a bit. You were sniffing a bit as the fresh tears fell out of your eyes. The owner was shock from the sudden news and the waitress's were shocked as well. Some of them fell onto the floor, crying but the others actually rushed out of the room to go comfort one another. The owner slowly looked down at the table, tears arising. "Was he useful to humanity?" he asked. There was silence before you slowly stood up tall. You looked up at him.

 "Yes, Moblit was useful to humanity! Every soldier who died was useful on this mission because they sacrificed their own life to get where we are, to figure out what was inside the storage. We couldn't have gone far without the dead!" You said, stomping your foot on the floor making a loud thud. Even if you were hurting, you were confident that this time the people who died were helpful. Every man or women who died getting eaten by a titan was useful to us in some type of way! The scouts have always known defeat but this time we have achieved something to tell us about the past and how titans were made. We retook Wall Maria as well. 

 The owner chuckled a bit. He was quite sad but he let out a soft sigh after. He looked at you. "Are you gonna read that letter or you're here to drink your feelings away?" He asked. You slowly looked down at your hand, staring at the item. You sat on a wooden chair, opening the letter carefully and slowly. The owner continued his way back to work but wiped a tear or two away.

 "That's right! Even we are still struggling to fully grasp the scale of the news." One of them said. "So you want to deceive the people once again? You would do what King Reiss did and keep the people ignorant and complacent inside the walls? If so, then what becomes of the ideals of which we overthrew the monarchy?" Pixis asked, staring at them. The man was quite taken a back from the sudden reply.

 "Let's release the information. The memories that King Reiss took from his subjects is a hundred years ago are now simply being returned to people. All of us here in the walls share the same destiny and in order to move forward, we must be united towards a common cause." Historia said.

 The titans that have been terrorizing and eating us are not only human, they are a race called the subjects of Ymir that we share common ancestry with. 

 You pulled out the letter and unfolding it. You saw his hand writing, it was heart warming. 

 "Dear Y/N, 

 "If you are reading this, I probably died on the mission at wall maria. I seriously don't know what to write, I feel so awkward at the moment but I'll just come clean. I regret one simple thing and that was not being able to confess to you face to face, I'm sorry for being a coward. I tried to but it just didn't come out right. Moving on, I really like you. I mean I really like you romantically wise not just as friends but more then friends. I don't expect you to like me back because having you as friends is good enough for me as long as I can keep your smile in my life, it's alright. I have always liked you ever since you joined Levi's squad. You were always so nice to me and sometimes you were scared that you accidentally held onto people's hands on accident. It was pretty cute, honestly. I mean you are always cute even with your bed head. I couldn't help admiring you from far away, even if you seemed petite or small you still had the ability to become a strong soldier. I admired you for your motivation even if you felt small or scared, you survived this long. I hope you keep surviving and find peace in your life soon.

 "The next reason why I never confessed was because I knew you fell in love with Levi Ackerman. I mean, I respected that and I didn't want to ruin what you had with him. I didn't really want you to feel awkward around me either so I never did it. I hope in another life time, we can meet each other again and start new, either as friends or lovers in a peaceful era. Spending time with you is the best thing I can ever ask for mostly seeing you smile just makes me realize that all the efforts I did was worth it. Thank you for being my friend and comforting me when I needed it the most. Tell Hanji-san, thank you for encouraging me and being my best friend despite myself drinking all the time because of her. I hope Levi treats you great and loves you for eternity. If he ever breaks your heart, I'll treat you better." 

 "Sincerely, 

 Moblit Berner." 

 You stared at the letter, tears falling down your cheeks. The tears landed onto the letter making it a bit wet. You hugged it close to your chest soon after. 'You idiot." You laughed a bit before raising your hand. "Give me a mug full of rum, I'm going to be sober tonight. I deserve it." You yelled as the owner stared at you, chuckling a bit. He handed you the mug filled with rum. "Better take care of yourself after." He said. You looked at him, drinking the rum as you sniffed a bit. "I'm not like others, I'm strong." You replied, smiling at him before chugging the mug in a few go's. "Give me another cup, sir!" You yelled, holding your mug at him. He was a bit surprised to see you drink that fast. He took the cup, staring at you. 

 "Alright, coming right up." He said before walking back to the counter, worried.