26

You were surrounding a table with other people such as Levi, Hanji, Erwin, and others. "In other words, Eren's father, Grisha Jaegar is likely a human who came from outside the walls." Erwin said, placing a few papers onto the table. "Yes. Just like Annie, Reiner, and Bertholdt, he possessed the Power of the Titans but different from those three, he was supportive of humanity within the walls. If he was so interested to know such about the scouts and such, we could've used more of the support of his." Hanji said. 

 You looked at them, sighing softly. "I wonder, from the moment he entered the walls, he was searching for the royal family all alone, I'm sure but there could be more to it and you don't do that unless it has incredible resolve." You said. Hanji nodded her head. Everyone looked at Erwin. "The same father wanted to show his 10 year old son, who is eager to join the scouts." Hanji said after. 

Everyone was wondering what to do, exchanging more words with each other until Erwin said his opinion. "Pondering about it here won't accomplish much. The preparations finished today, The operation to retake Wall Maria starts in two days. Want to know what is in the basement? Let's go see it for our selves." He said.

 Your eyes widened from the surprise. "Isn't that what scouts do?" He asked, looking at every single person inside the room until he locked eyes with you. "Let all your squads know about this mission." He broke the eye contact before a small smile formed on his lips. Hanji couldn't help smiling as well until she looked at you. It seems like you were in deep thought. "On a day like this, we deserve some meat, right?" One of them asked. "Good idea. Gotta show these kids us adults can be counted on." They replied. 

 They continued to discuss about some topics as they left the room, you were sitting there a bit dumb founded. "Forget about him, we don't have time to deal with him." Hanji said. "I'm shocked Hanji, you use to adore him!" One of them replied. "Shut up!" She yelled back. Hanji was a bit surprised to see Levi closing the door. "Are you alright, Y/N?" Erwin asked, looking at you worried.

 "Yeah, sorry." You said, getting up. Levi grabbed your wrist. You looked at him. He nodded his head. You both made eye contact until you left the room. You were in Levi's room, sleeping on his bed. Lately, you have been feeling like something bad was gonna happen. It's like you were going to die eventually or someone close to you. It was a gut feeling. 

 "What is it Levi?" Erwin asked. They both made eye contact. "It's a bit hasty but what will you do after when we take Wall Maria back? I'd guess a defense plan comes first, but after that?" he asked. "Eliminating threats. Outside the walls, there seems to be someone hoping Titans will eat all of us. Of course, the answer to who is in, I imagine. We'll plan that after the basement." Erwin said. 

"I'm only saying that because you might not live that long. You can't exactly move how you use too Erwin. Let Hange call the shots, You'll just be dead weight." Levi said. Erwin had his hand on his left shoulder. 

 "Let the good news come to you. We'll tell others I argued with you until you gave in. No, that's actually what I intend. Fine with that?" Levi asked, staring at Erwin still. "I'm not. I'm fine being food, Use me as bait. The chain of command still continues. If I'm gone, then Hange. If hange is gone, the next. It's true, this operation will be dangerous, but to humanity it's more important than anything else. That's why I have gone to such lengths. This is all my plan." Erwin replied. 

He looked away, his eyes filled with regret or sadness. "If I don't do this, the success rate will plummet." He continued. "That's right, the operation might fail, but if you bite the dust in the process, we are doomed. So just sit at your desk and keep using your head. That's the last thing the titans want. And for humanity, it's the best thing going for us." Levi said.

 "No you're wrong. Our best option is for me to gamble it all." Erwin replied. "Hey, hey, hey, hey! Hold up! Keep using that bluff around me and I'll break both of your legs but the operation to Wall Maria will proceed with your weeping here. It'll be a bitch to get on the toilet though." Levi grumbled, looking at him still. Erwin chuckled a bit. "I'd like to avoid that. However, there will come a moment when we learn the truth of our world and I must be there for it." Erwin said. "Is is that important to you? More then your legs?" Levi asked, walking closer to him. "Yes." He said without hesitation. 

 "More then humanity's victory?" he asked. "Yes." He said once again. Levi sighed before opening the door. After a few hours passed, Levi couldn't find you. "Hanji, have you seen Y/N?" Levi asked. She was sitting down at one of the tables. "That's right! Someone was missing!" Hanji exclaimed. Erwin was looking at them, drinking a bit of his rum or water. "I saw Y/N heading to your room, they've been tired lately." She said, stuffing a few pieces of meat into her mouth. Sasha was fighting everyone for a piece of meat allowing her to get tied up to a pole.

 Levi headed back to his room, he opened the door. His eyes wandered to your small shadow. "Y/N." He said. You slowly got up, a bit shocked. Tears were strolling down your cheeks. He lit the candle up seeing your exhausted face. "Y/N." He mumbled. You looked at Levi before hugging him tightly. "What happened?" he asked. "I just had some insomnia is all, I'm fine. hopefully." You both made eye contact. 

 "Y/N." Levi said once again. His thumb brushed against your cheek, wiping your tears away. "It was miserable. I don't know why I have been so tired lately but mostly I keep having these dreams or visions of people dying from titans and there is much blood. I." you said before looking down, sighing. Levi slowly hugged you, his arms wrapped around your body firmly. "Shhh, it's okay. I'm here now. No need to be afraid anymore." He ruffled your hair. You felt his warmth surrounding you making you feel more secure. He was your home. You nuzzled your face into his neck, both of you stayed in that position for a while hearing eachother's heart beats until your stomach growled.

 You were pretty embarrassed. Levi looked at you before you smiled awkwardly. He chuckled a bit. "Let's go get something, tonight it's a special occasion so we can eat as much as we want." Levi said, standing up. You nodded your head, following him to the cafeteria. The only thing you two heard was loud cheering and etc.