30

Erwin sighed a bit. There was silence for a while. The recruits screamed out of terror. "You fought well." Levi said until he looked at you then at Erwin. "You did your best, it's all I could ever ask for." You said after. Erwin looked at you. Both of you made eye contact. You sniffed a bit, your eyes showing hints of heart break. 

 He slowly looked down, his lips forming a small smile. "Arigato. Levi, Y/N." he said. You felt like crying and there was a strong pang inside your heart. Were you going to lose someone you love again? Erwin placed his hand on top of your head. Both of you looked at each other once again. "Trust me, Y/N." He said. You nodded your head slowly, all three of you looked at one another for the last time.

The beast titan didn't budge nor move. There was green signals flying up into the air. The titan was able to see them. "Oh, it's those signal things." The beast titan said. "Our goal is to rush the Beast Titan. Of course we will be making ourselves the ideal target. So we'll wait until he's ready to throw and fire our smoke signals together. That should reduce his accuracy somewhat. While we are acting decoy, Captain Levi will kill the beast titan." Erwin said, staring at the recruits. Some of them cried or even felt hopeless. 

You were on Erwin's left side and Levi was on his right. "He's standing in an empty area. There's not even a house or tree in sight." Levi said. "Wrong, There happens to be a line of objects just the right height. Sneak close to the titans and assassinate the beast titan." Erwin slowly said. 

 "Does that make life meaningless? Was there even any meaning in us being born? Would you say that to our fallen comrades? Their lives, were they meaningless? No, they weren't! It's us who gives meaning to our comrade's lives! The brave fallen, the anguished fallen. The ones who will remember them are us, the living!" Erwin yelled, looking at them still. 

  After a few minutes, everyone got onto a horse. "Rage my soldiers!" Erwin continued to yell. He was on his horse, running straight towards the beast titan. The recruits followed him after, scared for their life. You honestly felt bad for the new recruits who had to give up their life so soon.

Your eyes widened to see a rock smashing into Erwin's lower right side. Blood splattered out as he fell onto the floor. The horse of his fell as well a few seconds later. "Erwin!" you yelled about to turn back to him when Marlo got your attention. "Come back for him later if you live. Focus on the mission Y/N!" He yelled. You broke out of the trance before nodding slowly and continuing your way through. Your breath was becoming shaky, you were becoming unsteady as time passed.

 A tear slipped down your cheek before everyone fired another green signal up into the air. The rocks were now coming straight towards them. "Here it comes." You said. The pieces of rocks hits the scouts, causing them to die and fall off of their horse. 

There was smoke arising until you and a few others continued your way towards the beast titan. "Oh?" The beast titan said, surprised. Rocks were now getting thrown once again. 

You quickly dodged a rock that was heading straight towards you. It hit your shoulder barley. The force was overall too strong. Blood was dripped down your shoulder. A small thud came after, you were now on the floor as your horse took the hit for you. A large piece of rock hit the middle of the horse, it neighed in pain as blood flew out. Your eyes widened to see the blood and chaos surrounding you. 

 You were panting, trying to catch your breath. Tears were dripping down your cheeks, you started screaming. You covered your ears to stop the ringing that became louder. It's happening again, you are losing yourself and you lost Erwin, your commander, your friend.

A small thud came after, you were laying on the floor. You were exhausted so your eyes were shut. Floch slowly got up, he was already heading back to the wall. "Is there anyone there?!" he asked, limping back to where Erwin was. After, a few minutes, The beast titan looked to his side despite seeing the green smoke from the signals. Levi suddenly appeared. 

 He passed through the smoke, holding his swords up high about to attack the titan. Blood was all over his face. Levi seemed to be pissed off. The beast titan yelled loudly making the ground shake just a tiny bit. 

You grunted softly, trying to open your eyes. "Oi, escape while you can." You said, staring at the black colored birds. It took a few seconds for you to open your eyes fully. "Erwin." You said, getting up. From the far distance you saw Floch holding his sword up at him. "NO! DON'T DO IT!" You yelled loudly, your eyes were wide opened. Floch looked behind him seeing you trip and land onto the floor but you quickly got up again. He realized you looked pathetic. 

"I'm going to end him!" Floch yelled, looking back at Erwin about to cut his head off. "HOW CAN YOU KILL THE COMMANDER WHO GAVE SO MUCH TO HUMANITY?!" you yelled. Floch stopped moving as his eyes widened. "Gave so much to humanity?! Are you really saying that?! When he sent all of us to our deaths or even sacrificed so many people?! How does this save humanity?" Floch looked down at his hands, stunned. "This isn't what humanity." 

 The beast titan moved his hand towards Levi but he quickly formed deep cuts on his arm, moving fast and quick. The titan was surprised. Levi started to move again, cutting his eyes off. Blood squirt out. Levi started to aim for his ankles, cutting them off after. The beast titan fell onto the floor.

"You sure were enjoying yourself there!" Levi said, angrily. You hugged Floch from the back firmly, weeping a bit. "What would you do if you were in his position? His plan wasn't cruel, he did it because it was the only option, it was the only choice Floch! Every day he mourned over how many people he killed off!" You said. Floch didn't say anything, he just continued to hear you sniffle or break down. His eyes were glued onto the commander. 

The man tried to harden but it was too late, Levi was able to harm him as the man was now defenseless. He was looking at Levi. Both of them looked at each other, Levi's sword was inside the man's mouth. "Oi, answer me. You sure are rude." Levi grumbled a bit until Levi quickly dodged the attack. He looked up to see another titan quickly interrupting the scene, taking the man away. 

"Hey, where are you going? Stop." Levi looked at them in disbelief. "Wait, I swore to him that I was going to kill you. I swore!" Levi yelled, pulling his handles out of his gear. The titans under the beast titan's control started attacking humanity's strongest soldier. 

 Floch looked back to see Levi slicing the titan's nape. He realized something as he looked down at the floor again. He dropped his sword onto the side. "Hurry up and let me go, we need to save Erwin." Floch said. Your eyes widened before nodding. You quickly knelt in front of Erwin, taking the tape from Floch's hand. You started wrapping up his wound but the bleeding just didn't stop, tears were arising as your breath was becoming louder by the second. Floch took the tape. You folded your handkerchief putting it on Erwin's wound as Floch wrapped tape around the item to make it stay on his bleeding wound. The item was now flooded with blood but the both of you started walking. Floch had one of Erwin's arm wrapped his shoulders and you had his other arm wrapped around yours. 

 Levi quickly landed onto the roof, yelling at Eren to give him his odm gear. He was panicking while Floch and you continued to head back to the wall. "Hold on, Erwin. We are almost there." You said, looking at him from time to time. 

 Who would you choose?

A person with insight, intelligence but filled with burdens or a person who wants to see the world, young, and smart.