28

The scouts were walking through the dark, you clutched onto your horse's rope firmly. Your eyes wandered towards the night sky. The stars were still shining like always but tonight it seemed pretty lonely and heartbreaking. You sighed a bit when Moblit looked at you. He was worried. 

 Hanji looked at Moblit until he did the same. "Hanji-san." He whispered. "Hm?" She asked. Moblit smiled a bit before handing her a letter. "What is this?" She looked up at him. "Most of us won't come back alive so I decided to write Y/N my feelings down. Give it to them if I die but if I don't, I'll confess face to face." He said, looking away. Hanji shoved it in her pocket. "I'll do it." She said. Silence filled the starry night after. Moblit watched your back become farther and farther away. 

 One of the men got scared as their horse neighed, losing a bit of control. Levi looked at him. "Oi, you gotta light up the ground!" Levi said. "S-sorry." the man said until you rested your hand on his shoulder. "It's alright." You smiled at him. "We're not at the foot yet? It's almost dawn." Levi asked the man next to him. "Once we are over this mountain, Shiganshina's right there." He replied. You looked at Levi as he did the same, both of you nodded at eachother. Everyone continued to walk through the forest.

  Mikasa and Eren were having a small conversation. "She's right, rest up Eren." Connie said, following the both of them. "Don't say his name, idiot." Jean chirped into the conversation until his eyes widened. "Titan on the left! Everyone halt! Light up the area!" One of the men yelled. 

Everyone shined their light towards the titan. "It's alright, he's fast asleep. This lad must not be one of those new types that moves at night. That's too bad. Let him be." Hanji said. Everyone made their way once again, Soon after, Eren was starting to doubt himself. He exchanged words with Mikasa and Armin. "We are finally here, The first time we fled from here." Armin said. 

  The sun finally came out, everyone was leading their horses to Shinganshina's district. "Be on guard for Titans hiding in the shadows! Our operation begins now!" Erwin yelled, leading the group. He signaled making the group split into groups just how he planned. He continued to run straight. Hanji and a few others started gliding through the air, passing the outer wall. There was two gates the scouts need to seal, the inner and outer wall.

 The plan is to kill any titans inside the walls. If the enemy knows our plans, they'll go straight after Eren, but we'll have hoods covering the faces of the 100 soldiers. Levi was balancing on top of his horse until he flew up into the air, you quickly followed him after. Erwin landed on top of the outer gate first. Therefore, other more scouts landed onto the wall a few seconds later. "I can do this, no. We can do this!" Eren said.  

 He flew up into the air, turning to his side until he bit his hand. Lighting struck down and he was able to harden causing the wall to be patched up again. The outer gate was a success. Everyone continued to look around for enemies or so. "I looked into it, I'm pretty sure someone was camping." Armin said, looking at Erwin. He was surprised. "There was atleast three people ontop of the wall." he continued. "I find that odd. We charged here at full speed using horses and ODM gear, had they noticed our approach by sound or by sight. They would have atleast 2 minutes to react." Erwin said, confused.

 "But that means, they had plenty of time to prepare for us." He said after. Erwin put Armin in charge of a few groups as he commanded them. Locating the enemy was now the first priority. Erwin was looking down at the group as they tapped their swords against the wall.

 "There's a cavity right here!" One of them said until they got stabbed by Reiner. Armin looked at them, realizing the enemy was there. Levi quickly flew down the wall stabbing Reiner on the neck deeply. Both of them were now falling down when Levi stabbed him on the chest after but Reiner was able to gain consciousness again. Levi was surprised, letting Reiner fall down onto the floor.

 "Shit." he said. Reiner quickly transformed into a titan. Light started to appear and the force was heavy. "Keep a look out! Locate his foes!" Erwin yelled until there was a bunch of light appearing. There was a large explosion. Erwin looked behind him to see the beast titan standing up from a far away distance. Your eyes widened from surprised. "Boulder incoming!" He yelled. "Get down!" he screamed. The boulder crashed onto the outer gate.

 There was a pain inside your chest. "He plugged the entrance, now the horses can't pass. they'll aim for the horses and surround us in order to block our escape and annihilate us here." Erwin said, explaining the situation. "We're both hoping for the same thing, to settle it here for once and for all. Humanity or titans? Which side will live?! Which side will perish?!" He yelled, staring at the enemies ahead.  

 "Are you finally gonna say something?" Levi asked. You looked at both of them. "I could've had breakfast during the wait." He continued. "Dirk Squad and Marlene Squad, protect the horses at the gate with Klaus Squad! Levi squad and Hanji squad, take down the armored titan! Employ the Thunder Spears at your own discretion!" Erwin yelled. "Achieve your objectives whatever it takes. This moment, this battle. The survival of humanity depends on it! Once more, for humanity give your hearts!" He said. 

"Wait! Levi, Armin, and Y/N!" Erwin looked at the three of you. You guys stopped in your tracks to look at him. "I did say levi squad but I need Levi and Y/N to stay." He said. "To protect the horses and not Eren?" Levi asked. "That's right and to strike him down when the chance comes. For Y/N, I need them to lead the new recruits and protect the horses while Levi is battling." You looked at both of them. 

  "You're the only one I can entrust the beast titan to, Levi. Y/N, I entrust you to take good care of them since you have good communication skills and are able to lead very well." Erwin said, staring at Levi and you. "Understood. Since, I failed to kill that armored titan earlier, I'll make it up for the beast titan's head." he said without hesitation. He got off of the wall, flying towards the battle field. You ran to the edge, staring at Erwin then broke the eye contact. "Be safe, commander." you said before jumping off of the wall and landing onto the ground. 

 "Y/N!" Marlo said, surprised. "I'll be in charge of you guys, please treat me well." You replied, looking at them. "Yes sir!" They yelled, saluting.