Sowon never had the intention to get married so early because she was still pursuing her career of dancing, the only passion she had.

She had already enrolled for the dance competition which was going to happen in a few months. It was the biggest opportunity one could get and Sowon was indeed lucky to take part. That was her biggest dream, to dance and win in that competition.

But with this new problem? How was she supposed to win her dreams? Because of her injury, she was already unable to practice well and it was making her insecure. Moreover these family problems were torturing her, haunting her like a nightmare.

Knock, knock

Sowon snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the knock on her door. The door slowly opened, revealing her mother. She looked away to avoid any eye contact with her mother.

"Sowon come down, we need to talk."

And with that, her mother left her in her thoughts again. What could they possibly talk about? Her mother had already made clear of her descision so why would her presence make any difference?

With pursed lips, Sowon slowly stood up and went down to the living room where her mother was sitting, along with someone.

"Sowon."

Sowon could feel the warm liquid in her eyes as she stared at the man in front of her, looking as guilty as she felt. Without any word, She walked up and hugged her father tightly, realising how much she had missed him despite her anger.

Her father wiped her tears away as he lovingly kissed her forehead, making her feel content and happy. She felt safe in his arms.

"Come my daughter, sit down with us."

Wordlessly Sowon sat down in between her parents on the white couch, feeling both nervous and curious of what would happen next.

"Sowon, how are you feeling now? How is your leg?"

"Its healing well, I can walk slowly now."

Her father nodded and looked down, feeling guilty for neglecting his duties to protect his beloved child and keep her happy. He felt like he failed at his job.

"I am sorry dear, I failed to be a good father to you. I should have stayed and looked after you well."

Sowon shook her head as she bit her lips to contain her tears which were falling unstoppably. Seeing her father cry made her feel like she was too cruel and blind to know how much he cared for her.

"Its alright dad. I am okay and I am sorry too. I should have apologized to you for being so stubborn."

Needlessly both of them cried in each other's warm embrace, letting out their feelings through the tears they kept on holding back. Sowon's mother sympathetically patted and rubbed on both of their backs to show that she was here for their support too.

After all, they were a family.

Feeling more lighter and burden-free, three of them pulled away from each other, taking time to clean themselves dry from each other's tears.