Bruce Banner & Elil Howlett (3)

A/N - FOR THE STORY BOOK ONE: A WOLF AMONGST BEASTS. TAKES PLACE IN CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

Bruce sleeps with his arm around Eli as she sleeps against him, curved around one another, Ricky sleeps cross their feet. Bruce shifts slightly and nuzzles into Eli's neck, breathing her in before settling again, his arms tight around her, holding her close to him. Bruce's computer chimes waking him, he blinks a little and looks over his shoulder reaching a hand up to rub at his eye. The computer chimes again and he gently pulls himself away from Eli who grumbles in her sleep, growling slightly before falling silent again. Bruce stands and heads towards the computer, sitting at the desk he looks at the screen.

Blue: "Success."

Green: "Please elaborate"

Blue: "Concentration of 150ppm mitigates the gamma saturation in your sample. Incredible toxicity but it works." Bruce's face shifts into hope. He's been waiting 5 years...but...

Green: "Encouraging. But sample is baseline...I have...spikes."

Blue: "Tricky. Can you extract sample during next 'spike'?"

Green: "No."

Blue: "Spike can't exceed exposure. What was your original exposure?"

Green: "Data no longer available."

Blue: "Toxicity at this level too risky without precision."

Green: "Will it cure me?"

Blue: "Barring new gamma exposure... good chance." Bruce sits there stunned, mind racing, on a note pad he scribbles: Data from Maynard

Green: "Will get back to you. Thank you."

Blue: "Pleasure. Hope you walk through the door one day. You must be a very unique individual." Bruce closes the computer and snorts before standing and heading back to bed. He kicks his underwear off.

"Ricky" he states nodding for the dog to leave the bed, Ricky gives him a dirty look before heading into the next room to sleep in his own bed. Bruce smirks before climbing into bed with her, he pulls on Eli's leg, she groans a little as he settles over her between her legs nuzzling into her neck to wake her. "Eli" he pleads as he starts to rut against her, working himself hard, his excitement is more than just professional and scientific, the excitement has shifted south to his groin, she wakes softly and runs her fingers over his shoulders as he brushes against her, exciting her too. His fingers travel up her legs and into the band of her shorts.

"What's gotten into you?" she asks.

"Good news" he answers pushing her shorts down her legs, his lips finding hers, he throws her shorts aside. "I'll tell you after" he lifts her leg up around his waist thrusting straight into her, she moans and arches under him. Whatever it is she can't complain if he's up for initiating sex like this. It's fast and sloppy but amazing all the same. Thrusting into her with a new sense of vigour. His hands on her waist, in her hair, holding her hands, always moving, like he can't decide where to touch her. Her own stay around his shoulders and in his hair, she loves to play with his hair during sex. The only sounds that echo in the room are a mix of their voices, moaning, pleading, begging. It's less controlled. This is Bruce letting go of some of his control, the makes him just a bit faster, a bit harder, a bit more.....well more. It scorches that fire inside of her. It feeds the animal. She has never felt like this during sex, that extra little thing he's giving her is pushing her into the realms of pleasure she's never ventured. And she never wants to leave. He leans up pulling her closer to him, his hands sliding up her waist and thrusts steadily into her, keeping her pulled up in his lap, his eyes closed, sweat gathering along his chest and brow. She wraps her fingers around his wrists and arches slightly, and he manages to hit that place deep inside of her, she howls in pleasure. His eyes flicker green, his hand finds her stomach before the green vanishes and Bruce holds her waist to him, fingers digging into her hips, lowering his head, he buries it into her neck and hair before his orgasm hits him, he empties himself, his lips mouthing at the flesh of her neck. He lifts his head to look down at her, her eyes shifting to his, and he swears her eyes flicker green for a second, but he puts it down to the light and the angle and the reflection, that has to be it. He kisses her, his hips slowly still moving against hers, working his cum inside of her. Time slows for her. Her blood pumps loudly in her ears. There's a tingling in her abdomen she's never felt before. She arches under him, her own orgasm smashing into her, colliding with her entire being. She wraps her arm around his neck, moaning into his mouth. Her body tight, coiled. She throws her head back to reveal her yellow eyes. He watches as she comes down from the orgasmic high, that spark back in her eyes. "Eli?" he asks, she shakes her head clearing whatever the hell that was, she looks up at Bruce, his fingers brush her hair from her face. She stares up at him, eyes returning to normal. "You okay?" he asks softly, she nods and gives him a smile.

"Not that I'm complaining...but what got you so excited?" she asks as he pulls out of her, moving to lay next to her.

"A cure" he answers, she raises an eyebrow. "A shot at it anyway...a real shot at it" he corrects wrapping his arms around her. "This is a good thing" he assures her. "With the cure....we could have a normal life" she doesn't respond, because she knows that will never be the case with her. She won't ever have a normal life. He strokes his fingers along her back and then curls that arm around her waist. She's immortal. There is no normal for her. At that moment Eli finally realises that their relationship has a shelf life. He wants normalcy and she can't give it to him.