Bruce Banner & Eli Howlett (1)

A/N - FOR THE STORY BOOK ONE: A WOLF AMONGST BEASTS. TAKES PLACE IN CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

It takes them longer than last time to reach the waterfall because Bruce is full-on actively pouting and dragging his feet. Considering how much Bruce wanted this, he seems to be putting it off now. He keeps a hold of her hand as they walk the route they both have walked many times since meeting. The land comforting them, welcoming them. Almost like it's home, Bruce supposes that for Eli this is more home then the concrete, steel, the human landscape that she lives in. When they reach their clearing, because it is theirs, their place, their peace; Eli drops her bag to the ground and stretches taking a huge breath in, scenting the air, Bruce just watches her, the fading sunlight illuminating her skin, she truly is the most beautiful thing he's ever laid his eyes on, the curve of her body, the brown shades in her hair, the way her eyes seem to change colour depending on where the light hits them, green, brown, and then the yellow of her mutation is something else entirely, when she lets the wolf slip through he sees something of himself in her, this amazing woman is cursed just as he is, only she's lived with it longer, dealt with it longer, controlled it longer, she and it are one and the same, symbiotic. Eli sits on the ground unwrapping the tent equipment, they'd learnt a few trips back that bringing one was just easier, she may love the outdoors, she may be able to adapt to the weather, but Bruce does not and cannot, so they bring a tent to keep him comfortable. He brushes her hair aside and kisses her shoulder, working them against her skin, warm under his touch.

"Bruce" she warns lightly as he kisses her neck. "We should set up camp before it gets too dark" he grumbles against her neck. He shifts them both, manoeuvres her under him, till he can rest above her.

"You have perfect eyesight you can do it in the dark" he argues settling with her, she pulls her legs up on either side of his waist.

"Implying I will be the only one to set it up at all" she points out.

"I'd help but we both know I would be useless" he counters leaning closer to kiss her, brushing her hair from her face, pressing himself closer to her, shifting his hip to rub against her, to show her just how much he wants her. How much he's been waiting for this. How much he needs this. Needs her.

"Let me set up camp" she pushes him back. "And then you can go back to touching me" she assures him as she stands, he lays back and takes a deep breath. "Why don't you take a dip in the water?" she offers. "Cool yourself off" she teases, he chuckles a little glancing to her as she heads off into the trees to find firewood. Bruce pushes himself up onto his elbows and smiles to himself. He's happy. Real happy. Here with her. She's his happy place.

...........

Bruce steps out of the water as Eli stands, he's been watching her set up the fire, the tent, he's been waiting for her to finish. He's waited long enough for this day, he's thought about it, worried about it, fantasised about it. And every moment that passes, that he waits, he fears it will never happen. He walks towards her, tense, everywhere tense, because he knows where this walk is leading him, he knows what awaits him at the end. He's like a predator, and he's not convinced that the other guy is not involved somehow, maybe they're starting to become symbiotic, or maybe it's more than just Bruce's will and want that's flowing through him, maybe the other guy is just as hungry for this as his host is. He knows that the other guy is more peaceful around Eli then anyone else, Bruce feels more in control around her, he feels more himself around her, like he doesn't have to hide any part of him. She looks to him as he reaches her, the water cool against his skin, the August evenings are still a little warmer then he is used to, despite being mid-winter for Brazil. His eyes linger on her lips before he clutches her face and kisses her, she hums happy and wraps her arms around his neck pulling him closer to her, his hands settle on her waist, pushing slightly, she smirks and pulls back from him. Taking his hand from her back and walks backwards, pulling him with her as she ducks into the tent, he smiles softly following her. The tent flap closing behind them as his lips find hers again, hands touching where ever they can, drawing up her sides, around her back, he even cups her ass tugging her closer. She stops him, a dark, hungry look in her eyes, she wants this just as much.