"Probably shouldn't mess around with that, Ethan, I'm pretty sure it's keeping you alive," Lucas joked. 

Ethan looked up at us in surprise, and as soon as his eyes latched on us; he smiled. 

"Relax idiot. I was just adjusting it," Ethan said as he rolled his eyes.

 A massive smile stretched out onto my face as I felt so overwhelmingly happy, to see him acting like him normal healthy self. Ethan focused his attention back onto me, and he arched an eyebrow up at me as his eyes sparkled with amusement.

 "Chubs, is there a particular reason why you're smiling all creepy like, or are you just bored?" Ethan teased.

 I didn't even care that he just called my smile creepy, all I care about was that he was okay. I wasted no time and ran up to the bed and wrapped my arms around him. 

"Wow, if this is the kind of reaction I get when I call you creepy, I'll do it more often," he chuckled as he returning the hug.

I pecked him on the lips and then pulled away. "I'm just really, really happy you're okay," I said as I smiled at him fondly. 

"Wait, why are you happy I'm okay? What happened after the party? Did we get into an accident on the road? Are you okay?" he asked in worry as he scanned me from head to toe. 

 I shifted nervously on my feet and exchanged a nervous look with Lucas, neither of us knew the best way to break the news. It was a lot for anyone to take in. 

I let out a heavy sigh. "Do you remember anything?" I asked slowly, wondering how much memory the drugs had taken away. 

"Erm..." he said as he started to think. "I remember that we were dancing together, but everything after that gets a little hazy," he murmured. 

"Why the hell can't I remember?" he asked quietly.

God, how I wish I didn't have to tell him, so he could just remain blissfully ignorant. But, I knew that's not what he would want. He would want the truth.

I took a deep breath in and in a kind enough way as I possibly could, I explained to him what happened to him last night. However, I don't think there ever would be a kind way to tell someone they were almost raped. 

 When I was finished talking, the look on Ethan's face sent a chill down my spine. His face had gone pale, and he looked sicker than I'd ever see him. 

 He swallowed. "Do you know if she.... if she..." Ethan said, struggling to get the words out." 

Lucas walked closer to the bed and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "No, she didn't," he said softly, giving Ethan a weak smile.

 Ethan let out a shaky breath of relief. "Thank God," he choked out. 

My heart broke for him. It must be a truly horrifying thing to wake up and be told someone that someone purposely went out of their way to make you vulnerable, just because they couldn't take no for an answer. 

"Jesus Christ, I had no idea she was such a fucking crazy bitch," Ethan groaned as he ran a hand through his hair. He scowled. "Like, who the fuck does that?" he snapped. 

"I'm so sorry, Ethan, this is all my fault," I mumbled as tears started to well up in my eyes. 

Ethan looked up at me and his eyebrows knitted together. "No, no, of course, it's not your fault. None of this is your fault. Why would you say that?" He asked in confusion. 

 "You don't get it, Ethan, I could have prevented this. I knew how obsessed she was with you, and I didn't tell you because I'm an idiot. We weren't having 'girl talk' the other day Ethan, she slapped me because she wanted you, " I cried, as I wiped the tears away from my face.