Chapter 31

I walked back to the bench with a sour look on my face, sopping wet and dragging Damien painfully by the ear. Why am I wet, you ask? Because of Damien, that's why. The little dick decided to chuck me in the lake. 

"My ear hurts," Damien whined as I dragged him along. I just ignored him, feeling absolutely no sympathy for him.

 Ethan, who was still sat on the bench, took one look at me and immediately burst into laughter. 

"What the hell happened to you?" he choked out between cackles of laughter. 

"Well, Damien here, thought it would be funny to chuck me in the lake. Didn't you?" I snapped as I shot him a nasty glare.

 Damien started to giggle hysterically, clearly not feeling the slightest remorse for his actions. 

"Why the hell didn't you just stay in the playground?" I yelled.

 "I wanted to go swimming," Damien shrugged. 

Give me fucking strength...

"I have a pool at my house. You can come use ours if you want," Ethan butted in, as he gave Damien a kind smile. 

"No. Ethan. I'm not sure that's a great idea..." I said hesitantly. I didn't trust Damien to not ruin Ethan's beautiful house. 

"Yes. Please. I want to go, I want to go," Damien said as he jumped up and down in excitement. 

It was extremely worrying how quickly Damien had agreed to come, considering he had absolutely no fucking idea who Ethan was. Someone clearly needed to have a chat with this kid about the potential dangers of strangers. 

I scowled at Damien. "You don't deserve to go swimming; you've been incredibly naughty," I scolded. "And besides, I'm still soaked to the skin, thanks to you."

 "Chubs, it's fine, you can borrow something of mine," Ethan added in rather quickly. 

Why the fuck was he being so persistent

I let out a heavy sigh. "Thanks for offering but-"

"My mum is also home, and she would be more than happy to look after Damien for you..." Ethan sang persuasively, with a knowing smirk on his face.

"Amazing. Sold. Let's go," I said immediately.

 I quickly grabbed my backpack and put it on, in preparation to leave. There's no way I was going to miss an opportunity, to dump Damien on to someone else. He was Ethan's mum's problem now. 

"Okay, go get Dylan, and we can-"

I stopped talking as I realized Ethan's eyes were no longer on my eyes but glued to my chest. I looked down in confusion, and I let out a little cry of surprise as I saw what had become of my shirt. The white t-shirt, that I was wearing had completely soaked through, making my bright red bra easily visible through the wet material. 

"Crap, why didn't you tell me," I cried as I crossed my arms over my chest, in an attempt to protect my dignity. 

Ethan got up off the bench with a chuckle and started to move closer to me. Much to close. He leaned his face closer, so his mouth was right by my ear. 

"Because I was immensely enjoying the view," he whispered gruffly. I felt a flush creep up my face, and I shoved him away, feeling embarrassed. The corners of his eyes crinkled in amusement, and he let out a low chuckle. 

"Here, wear this," he said, as he slid off his jacket. Without even waiting to see if I was okay with it, he wrapped it snuggly around my shoulders. "Only I get to see you looking all sexy in your bra," he joked as he shot me a flirty wink.