Chapter 33

Around an hour later, we were stood outside Lucas's house. In seconds of us ringing the bell, the door swung open to reveal Lucas' charming self. 

 He smiled as soon as he saw us, but his eyes sparkled with a special kind of excitement when his eyes landed on May. It didn't go unnoticed by me when May's cheeks turned a bright red crimson. 

Wonderful, my ship was sailing smooth.

"So, are you guys just gonna stare at each other all day, or can I come in?" I playfully remarked as I rocked back and forth on my heels. 

Oh, how I loved being a little shit-stirrer...

Lucas narrowed his eyes at me. "Pur-lease Mia, like you and you-know-who, don't do the same," he scoffed. 

"No idea, who you're on about there," I lied. 

He just rolled his eyes and led us to his living room, where I was immediately bombarded with the presence of around six or so popular guys from school. They were spread out across the three sofas and were chatting mindlessly away about some soccer shit that I didn't understand. 

They looked up at us in intrigue as we entered, and their eyes drew to Chloe's body like magnets. Guys normally had this reaction when she walked into a room, with her curvaceous, goddess-like body. I saw some blond-haired dude, give a quick once-over May, but when he was met with Lucas' harsh gaze, he immediately darted his eyes to the floor. And of course, nobody was looking at me because who fucking would, when you have Chloe to look at.

I looked around the room to see if I could find a certain someone lurking around a corner, but he was nowhere in sight.

 Lucas caught my gaze. "Relax, Mia, Ethan's upstairs," he chuckled. 

"Pft..yeah so? I wasn't looking for him, I was just admiring the interior design of this room," I shrugged. 

"You're not fooling me," Lucas called over his shoulder as he walked away. 

Suddenly he paused, backtracked a few steps, and patted his pockets as though he was trying to locate something he forgot.

 "Oh, silly me, there's my girl," Lucas laughed as he grabbed a surprised May by the wrist and pulled her over to the sofas. I chuckled and shook my head at him in amusement.

For a few minutes, I just leaned up against the wall, bored out of my mind. Chloe had inserted herself in the middle of two hot guys and was enjoying every second as they shamelessly flirted with her. While Lucas and May sat on their own private sofa, as they giggled and whispered to each other. Well, when you're bored out of your mind, there's only one logical place to go- the kitchen. 

I pushed myself off the living room wall and headed over to the kitchen. As soon as I entered, I immediately stopped in my tracks as I was met with the most breath-taking sight.

 On the kitchen island, there was a large platter with steaming hot, fresh out of the oven, chocolate chip cookies. The delicious smell wafted towards me and almost made me sob with happiness. I needed them.

 Before I could even stop myself, a cookie was already in my hand and plunging into the depths of my mouth. I moaned as the chocolate melted in my mouth. God, they were good. Like really, fucking good. I guess it can't hurt to have another one. As soon as I finished that one, I immediately reached for two more and then after that two more and so on until they were all gone. I looked down at the empty plate in mortification. 

I'm such a greedy bitch....

Oh well, it's Lucas' fault for leaving them out and unattended. He should have known I was coming and hid them.